AT&T Rolls Out New Flagship Services and Spring Portfolio of Quick Messaging Devices
Group Messaging, Address Book and Video/Photo Sharing Tools Integrated into Soon-To-Launch Devices | Latest Quick Messaging Phones Include Full Keyboard Devices from Pantech and Samsung
Dallas, Texas, March 15, 2010
As a growing number of consumers increasingly realize the benefits of mobile broadband and applications, AT&T is bringing smartphone-like experiences to a wider range of powerful yet affordable devices designed for the mass-market. AT&T* today announced a line-up of four new Quick Messaging Devices that will be among the first to offer a new suite of consumer data services that will significantly enhance messaging, video and photo sharing, and contacts management.
"Quick Messaging Devices are very important for us — it's a category that we defined for the industry and that we continue to lead in value, quality and innovation," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer of AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "Quick Messaging Devices are among our most popular and fastest-growing phones. They offer great value — and now will offer cutting-edge services that enhance the overall experience consumers have with these phones.
"The evolution of the mobile phone experience — increasingly sophisticated hardware and software, including apps — has been advancing rapidly due to the proliferation of smartphones in recent years. At AT&T, we're ensuring a similar rich, ever-evolving experience exists for the sizeable number of our customers who use Quick Messaging Devices."
The new services, to premiere first on the Samsung Strive™, include:
- AT&T Address Book — Syncs contacts to an online address book so customers can access and manage their mobile contacts from their handset — or their PC. Synchronization occurs automatically when any change is made, so contact information is always backed up. From the online interface, customers can import contacts from other Web-based address books, such as personal e-mail accounts, as well as send text messages to their contacts' mobile numbers. There is no additional charge to use AT&T Address Book
- Next Generation Messaging — Brings an advanced messaging experience designed by AT&T to the quick messaging phones category. The familiar text messaging experience is enhanced with group messaging and "reply all" functionality for up to 10 contacts, a threaded conversations format, a consolidated inbox, and enhanced multi-media display. AT&T designed the service based on research that revealed customers want features that help with social planning, improved message organization and better media integration — but are also simple to use.
- AT&T Mobile Content Share — Helps customers quickly transfer photos and videos captured on their mobile phone to other destinations and allows customers to manage that content across the mobile and PC screens. With just a few clicks, customers can share videos and pictures in full resolution, up to 10MB, with their home computer, social networking sites, other people and a personal Internet-based storage locker from AT&T — all from their wireless handset. Customers can access pictures and videos stored in their AT&T Locker at any time from any Internet connection or from their handsets. AT&T Mobile Content Share is available for $10 per month for 50 media transfers; customers can also pay per use, at $.35 per transfer1. The service includes online storage of 250MB at no charge. Customers can purchase an additional 10GB of storage for $5 per month. Standard data charges apply for browsing the online media locker from the mobile handset.
Both AT&T Address Book and AT&T Mobile Content Share bring the benefits of cloud-based services to consumers, giving wireless customers the convenience of seamless access to content and information across the mobile and PC screens, in addition to peace of mind in knowing their content isn't lost if they ever damage or lose their phone.
The new quick messaging phones lineup for spring 2010 includes:
- Samsung Strive™ — In addition to featuring the new AT&T services, the Samsung Strive will be available on March 21 in two color combinations, black/silver and purple/charcoal. Strive features a 2.0-megapixel camera and a vertical slide design to reveal a full keyboard for tapping out info on Mobile Email, instant messaging and social networking apps like AT&T Social Net with ease. The Strive will be available for $19.99 for a limited time with a two-year agreement and after $50 mail-in rebate, as part of AT&T's current 50%-off quick messaging phones promotion.
- Samsung Sunburst™ — With a stunning design that accents Sunburst's touch screen, the GPS-enabled phone is fun and sophisticated, with a curvy exterior and light accent below the screen. A widget bar feature allows one-touch access to a wealth of phone functions like creating a text message, in addition to direct links to social networking sites. Sunburst will also be available on March 21 for $39.99 after a two-year agreement and $50 mail-in-rebate.
- Pantech Link — An ultra slim and light, full keyboard quick messaging phone. Link's contemporary design makes it one of the sharpest in the popular, bar-style family of handsets. With black and blue accents, Link provides direct access to a fun and sought-after range of features such as Mobile Email, instant messaging, AT&T Mobile Content Share, AT&T Social Net, AT&T Navigator and more. Link will be available in AT&T stores and online in the coming weeks.
- Pantech Pursuit — Combining a full touch screen with a vertical sliding keyboard, the Pantech Pursuit plays host to a set of cool and unique features via shortcuts on Pantech's first touch user interface for easy, customizable access to apps and features like AT&T Social Net, AT&T Address Book, and social networking sites. Available in the summer in green or blue, the Pursuit will also support face recognition software and geotagging to get the most out of your pictures.
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T imposes: a Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge of up to $1.25 to help defray costs incurred in complying with obligations and charges imposed by State and Federal telecom regulations; State and Federal Universal Service charges; and surcharges for government assessments on AT&T. These fees are not taxes or government-required charges.
Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T's owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by mrk & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; thereafter up to $175. Some agents impose add'l fees. Unlimited voice services: Unltd voice svcs are provided primarily for live dialog between two individuals. No additional discounts are available with unlimited plan. Offnet Usage: If your mins of use (including unltd svcs) on other carrier's networks ("offnet usage") during any two consecutive months or your data use during any month exceeds your offnet usage allowance, AT&T may at its option terminate your svc, deny your contd use of other carriers' coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for offnet usage. Your offnet usage allowance is equal to the lesser of 750 mins or 40% of the Anytime mins incl'd with your plan (data offnet usage allowance is the lesser of 24 MB or 20% of the KB incl'd with your plan). Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment. Quick Messaging Device require an eligible texting plan or texting and data plan. AT&T Promotion Card: Price before AT&T Promotion Card & with 2-year contract for the Samsung Strive is $69.99. You need the same disclosure for the Sunburst Allow 60 days for fulfillment. Card may be used only in the U.S. is valid for 120 days after issuance date but is not redeemable for cash & cannot be used for cash withdrawal at ATMs or automated gasoline pumps. Card request must be postmarked by XXX & you must be a customer for 30 consecutive days to receive card. Mobile Content Share: You will incur data charges for each transfer to or from your AT&T Mobile Content Share-enabled handset. If your transfer exceeds 2 MBs, you will be charged the Mobile Content Share transfer rate that applies for each additional 2 MB increment. The Mobile Content Share Service transaction fees are separate and apart from any data plan you may have. Mobile Content Share transfers to or from your Device currently do not work if you are roaming outside of the U.S. You may also access the AT&T Locker from your wireless device to view, manage and share photos and videos. When you browse the Locker from your wireless device, standard data charges will apply per your AT&T data plan. Individual photo and video files uploaded to the Site or sent via the Mobile Content Share Service may not exceed 10 MB. For complete terms and conditions see, att.com/dataterms.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates — AT&T operating companies — are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T's Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine's list of the World's Most Admired Companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.