Innovative Mobile Applications for Businesses and Expanded Health Information Exchange Portal Highlight First Quarter 2010 for AT&T Business Solutions
Dallas, Texas, April 21, 2010
AT&T Business Solutions, the business unit within AT&T* offering services for business customers, completed a successful first quarter 2010 highlighted by the rollout of mobile applications for businesses.
During the first quarter, AT&T enhanced its AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform with the introduction of AT&T Workbench for the iPhone, a solution that enables business users to bring the power of iPhone to the enterprise. Using the AT&T WorkBench for iPhone solution, available for download from the App Store, businesses can now easily provision, deploy and control enterprise web applications for work in a highly-secure, reliable and manageable fashion – even on mobile devices purchased by individuals.
Also during the first quarter, AT&T expanded its AT&T Healthcare Community Online (HCO) solution to include a dynamic portal with pre-integrated applications. AT&T HCO is a highly secure, cloud-based health information exchange (HIE) and collaboration portal. The solution integrates patient data from various sources into a single patient view, providing real-time access to patient information and eHealth applications over the world’s most powerful and advanced IP/Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network.
Other first quarter highlights included:
- Enhancements to AT&T’s online Small Business Mobile Application Recommender Tool (SMART) that includes a new, simple, user-friendly interface for non-technical business users. The enhanced SMART portal allows small business owners or administrators to easily learn about, buy and provision certified third-party mobile applications from AT&T, based on industry or line of business. During the quarter, AT&T added four new mobile applications for purchase by small businesses directly through the AT&T SMART tool:
- AIRTIME Manager from AT&T (www.att.com/airtime) – enables professionals to track billable hours on their smartphones.
- Associate from AT&T (www.att.com/dictation) – a complete mobile dictation solution, turning compatible AT&T smartphones into portable dictation devices.
- Nice Office from AT&T (www.att.com/niceoffice) –allows businesses to mobilize their office. Users with compatible smartphones can wirelessly sync contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes. It also offers real-time job updates, detailed reporting, activity logging, backup and recovery of mobile activities.
- ProntoForms™ from AT&T (www.att.com/prontoforms) – enables businesses to streamline their out-of-office business processes and workflows by turning paper forms into mobile forms with compatible smartphones.
- An announcement with Wallace Wireless, Inc. to offer Wallace Information Communicator (WIC) Pager, a premium group alert notification solution for hospitals and healthcare organizations.
- A contract award for AT&T Government Solutions worth approximately $5 million, if all options are exercised, to provide AT&T Synaptic HostingSM, Managed Trusted IP Services (MTIPS) and AT&T Internet Protect® Service for the Federal Trade Commission as the independent agency’s primary provider of communications services.
Additionally, AT&T Business Solutions made the following updates to its enterprise portfolio this quarter:
- AT&T OPT-E-WANSM Access and POP Diversity Options: AT&T OPT-E-WAN Access Diversity, a feature in AT&T’s suite of Ethernet services , gives customers the ability to go from their location to the AT&T OPT-E-WAN point of presence (POP) in a diverse manner helping to ensure customers' connectivity in the event they have to reroute traffic to the available POP.
AT&T Connect Feature Enhancements with Version 8.9: AT&T expanded AT&T Connect’s web conferencing capabilities from audio, web and video to now include integration with mobile devices. This enables participants in an AT&T Connect session to join a meeting from a laptop, desktop or mobile device from virtually anywhere in the world.
Hosting, Cloud, and Application Management Services
AT&T Synaptic HostingSM Preconfigured Packages for Utility Computing: This provides customers with scalable, easy-to-buy packages of utility computing services that they can quickly bring to market.
Multiple Application Environment Support: AT&T expanded its support for these application environment versions: Ariba 9r1, Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 and RIM BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0. This improves AT&T’s ability to support customers with multiple application environments and underscores our commitment and investment in application services.
AT&T BusinessDirect® Portfolio
- Extended AT&T Support Center Hours: The AT&T BusinessDirect Support Center has extended its hours of operation to 24 hours during weekdays, making it easier than ever for customers to get the help they need.
- AT&T Business Connections Support in Japanese: AT&T Business Connections, an AT&T BusinessDirect Portal tool enabling collaboration between the AT&T Sales teams and their customers, now supports Japanese. AT&T Business Connections customers can now share, modify, and track changes to important documents accurately and efficiently in a highly secure electronic environment in Japanese.
- Automated Mobility Phone/device Activation: This AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio enhancement provides Mobility customers with the ability to activate their mobile phones or other handheld devices automatically online via the AT&T Premier website.
- eBill Capabilities in EMEA: AT&T BusinessDirect now supports eBill functionality to customers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This provides access to invoices from 84 countries, supporting 38 different currencies. Global billing data has been incorporated into the existing AT&T BusinessDirect eBill report structure, allowing this data to be viewed in local currency, at a summary or detailed level.
For more information on AT&T BusinessDirect, visit www.att.com/ebcc.
For more information on AT&T networking services, visit www.att.com/business.
For information regarding other ABS announcements during the first quarter 2010, visit the AT&T Newsroom at http://www.att.com/gen/landing-pages?pid=6080
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T │DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this press release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.