AT&T Digital Life Installation, Repair, and Service Policy
AT&T DIGITAL LIFE is a residential service available to residential customers in single family homes, or townhome/duplex/multi-dwelling unit configurations.
During the sales process, AT&T Digital Life representatives will provide you with an installation date that is convenient and acceptable to both you and to AT&T; however, installation appointments will not be scheduled later than sixty (60) days from the date of your order.
There is no charge for the initial, standard AT&T DIGITAL LIFE installation. However, a customer may have special installation requests or a unique home configuration that will require a charge for installation work.
In addition, customers can buy additional equipment from AT&T at any time. If customers request professional installation when buying additional equipment, AT&T may charge for such installation. During your order process, AT&T Digital Life sales representatives will let you know if there is an installation charge associated with upgrading equipment.
Non-Standard Installation Work
If any non-standard or special installation work is identified when your authorized AT&T technician is on-site, they will notify you and provide a best estimate for you to authorize work before it is performed.
The following are examples of non-standard or special installation work:
- If your existing alarm system has non-labeled coverage zones and they are being added to the Digital Life system, we must apply non-standard time charges during our installation process, to identify and label those zones.
- If you require a Digital Life device (other than an outdoor camera) to be placed in a location that is difficult to access, and/ or requires the placement of a nearby power source, we must add non-standard time charges during our installation process to complete that work.
- If you require Digital life door locks, and have custom made or specialty doors (such as glass, metal or intricate wood) that will require specialized lock/ carpentry work, we must add non-standard special installation charges during our installation to complete that work.
- If you have ordered a device from AT&T that you intend to install yourself, and later decide you would like us to install the device instead, we must add non-standard time charges during our installation process to complete that work.
Non-Standard Installation Charges
The charges for non-standard or special installation work are:
- $99.99 for the first two hours of work performed
- $74.99 for each additional hour of work performed
Repair Charge for Warranty
If your equipment stops working due to a defect in materials or workmanship, and your account is active and in good standing, AT&T will repair or replace that equipment. AT&T offer this service as part of the Complete Protection equipment warranty program. The Complete Protection program is included with your Digital Life active service. Complete Protection is provided subject to the details in your AT&T Digital Life Customer Terms and Conditions ("Agreement").
As outlined in the Agreement, there is a $49.99 repair charge for any in home repairs that occur more than 14 days after your installation date.
At times either your actions or actions of others in your household may result in equipment going "offline." Equipment that is "offline" may not require repair or replacement. Digital Life support agents will work with you to trouble-shoot an equipment offline condition before we schedule an authorized technician visit. We expect you to cooperate with our support agents to perform this troubleshooting. If your equipment does not require repair, or you are unwilling or unable to perform basic trouble-shooting tasks with our support agents, we reserve the right to charge you a service charge to help defray the cost of sending an authorized technician to your home.
Service charges are as follows:
- $ 99.99 for the first two hours of work performed
- $ 74.99 for each additional hour of work performed
The following are examples of when a service charge may be added to your account:
When you contact us, our support representatives will let you know if any repair or service charge will apply to your scheduled authorized technician visit.