This policy (“Policy”) applies to you and anyone else who uses the AT&T TV app (including each of the experiences known as AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW, collectively referred to as “AT&T TV”), and/or WatchTV app. All of these are collectively referred to as “the App”, which is provided by DIRECTV LLC and its affiliates (“we” or “us”) and which may be accessed through various supported platforms, such as a browser, mobile device, tablet, Smart TV, or on a streaming device.
You and each user that accesses the App agree to the AT&T TV terms and conditions (for AT&T TV users, and AT&T TV NOW users), and to the WatchTV terms and conditions (for WatchTV users), and to the collection, use, and sharing of data identified in this Policy. It is your responsibility to make sure all users of the App are aware of this Policy. References to “you” throughout this Policy includes all users.
When and what information is collected?
We collect information about you from:
- Your use of the App on your phone, tablet, computer, smart television or any other device. This includes information like:
- what videos, stations, and programs you watch or record and when;
- where you’re located; and
- how you use the App (such as what you click on or search for).
- Your account. This includes information like:
- information you provide us through the registration process; and
- subscriptions to AT&T TV and WatchTV services associated with their respective apps.
- The mobile devices on which the App is accessed. This includes information like:
- mobile number and IP address;
- location; and
- unique identifiers associated with the devices.
- Your use of this service through the website associated with the App. This includes:
- information about your computer, like its operating system and IP address; and
- information from cookies and other similar technologies, including flash cookies, web beacons, widgets, server logs, or third-party plug-ins.
- Third parties, including information like:
- demographic and other data from other available sources.
A note about Do Not Track - We don’t respond to “do not track” signals. For more information on Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
How might we use your information?
- We may use the information, including Your Location information, such as GPS or IP address (“Your Location Information”) collected through use of the App to: deliver and improve the service; tailor your experience, including things like making recommendations; provide you with local programming; conduct analytics; prevent fraud; and help us and third parties serve you with advertisements or marketing materials in and outside of the App and assess the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Without Your Location Information, we may not be able to provide access to certain services and features, including live local, channels or other content with geographic restrictions.
- We may combine and use data, including Your Location Information and viewing data collected from the App, with other data as described in this Policy.
Do we share your information and, if so, with whom?
- We may share information collected through the App, as described in this Policy, with:
- Other companies within the AT&T family of companies, including any of our affiliates (including those that may not share the DIRECTV or AT&T brands such as Xandr and the WarnerMedia family of companies);
- Vendors who perform services like: help fulfill marketing offers; provide or improve service; conduct analytics; and serve you with advertisements and marketing materials in and outside of the App and assess the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns;
- Programmers and networks who provide the programming that you watch through the App;
- Third parties for their advertising or marketing uses. These third parties may also share information collected from the Device with other third parties for their own advertising or marketing use. This information may include what shows are watched; general interests (for example sports lover); specific interests (for example a basketball fan of a specific team); and other information collected about you including Your Location Information as described in this Policy. When we share data with third parties, we use identifiers such as device or operating system identifiers. This could include but is not limited to your Apple or Android advertising ID.
- When we say “third parties” with whom we share data, we mean parties such as advertisers, programmers and networks, social media networks, analytics firms (companies that measure and analyze consumer behavior), ad networks (companies that deliver and track ads for advertisers across numerous websites, applications and devices), and other similar companies that are involved in creating and delivering advertisements.
- When you use the App through a third-party device that requests viewing information we will allow the third party to access to this viewing information. This could include, for example, what shows were watched and where you paused the show. We will only allow the third party to access your viewing information if you consent to us sharing it. You may decline to consent or later withdraw your consent from the third-party streaming device.
- Your information may be used in or shared to compile aggregate reports that won’t identify you personally, such as a report on how many people watched a certain television show or reports we may sell to other companies for their own marketing, advertising or other similar uses.
- We may also share information to:
- Respond to 911 requests and other emergencies or exigencies;
- Comply with court orders and other legal process;
- Assist with identity verification or authentication, and prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Enforce our agreements and protect our rights or property; and
- Obtain payment for products and services including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection.
How will the App customer information be governed if you also have other products and services from AT&T?
- If you’re opted in to AT&T’s Enhanced Relevant Advertising program and we combine your data from other AT&T products and services with App information, the Enhanced Relevant Advertising terms will apply. For information on the AT&T Enhanced Relevant Advertising program, click here.
What information is not covered by this Policy?
Do you have safeguards in place to protect my information?
- We work hard to protect your information. Though we cannot guarantee the protection of your information, we've established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to help make the information we collect secure.
- In the event of a security incident, laws and regulations direct us in how to give you notification when certain types of sensitive information are involved. We will provide you with notice in accordance with these laws and regulations.
- We will keep your personally identifiable information in connection with your use of the App as long as you are a customer and/or user, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax or legal purposes.
Do you collect information about my children's use?• We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child's parent or legal guardian.
What choices and controls do I have over the use of my data?
- You are in control. You have choices and controls over how your data is collected, used, and shared when you use the App:
- Collection of Information: You can stop the collection of information through the App by uninstalling the App.
- Sharing of Information: You may limit the sharing of information associated with your device advertising ID through your device settings.
- AT&T TV and WatchTV Promotional Emails: For AT&T TV and WatchTV subscribers, by creating an account, you agree to receive promotional emails regarding your respective subscriptions. To unsubscribe from emails relating to AT&T TV or WatchTV, click here or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each promotional email you receive. Your decision regarding whether you want to receive these promotional emails is separate from your decision regarding promotional emails for other AT&T products and services. You can find your choices and controls over promotional emails for other AT&T products and services here.
- Online Behavioral Advertising: In accordance with industry self-regulatory principles, you can opt out of online behavioral advertising from companies who participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance by going to their Consumer Choice Page or selecting this icon when you see it on an online ad. To limit collection of data on websites that may be used for advertising, go here for information on how to manage cookies and other similar technologies on your computer.
What happens if there is a change in corporate ownership or a change to this policy?
- Information about our customers and users, including personally identifiable information, may be shared and transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. This also applies in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which customer and user records would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
- We may update this Policy as necessary to reflect changes we make and to satisfy legal requirements. The most recent version of the Policy will always be made available through the App. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you to obtain your consent for those changes.
Your California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Policy, by using the App you agree to the sharing of your information with other companies to use for their own marketing purposes. If you don’t want us to share your information collected through the App with third parties, you must uninstall the App from all of your devices.
- California customers who want to request further information about our compliance with these requirements, or would like to request a copy of information regarding our disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us at the contact information listed below.
How to contact us about this PolicyContact us at either of these addresses for any questions about this Policy. Please specify if you are emailing or writing us about this Policy.
- Email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing AT&T.