PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. By activating, accessing or using the Voicemail to Text functionality (hereinafter referred to as “VMTT” ) you are agreeing also to comply with these Terms of Service, including any documents, policies, agreements and guidelines incorporated by reference (referred to collectively as the "Terms"). “You” or “Your” refer to you, an individual, and/or to the company on whose behalf you accept these Terms. AT&T reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of VMTT following such notice shall be considered Your agreement to comply with such modifications. If You do not agree to any modifications to these Terms, Your sole remedy is to discontinue and cancel use of VMTT.
1. YOUR USE OF VMTT IS SUBJECT TO THE AT&T WIRELESS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT AND ITS ARBITRATION CLAUSE, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME WHICH ARE HEREBY INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE INTO THESE TERMS. You may obtain information that is designed for non-lawyers about the arbitration process at http://www.att.com/arbitration-information. The Wireless Customer Agreement can be found at http://www.att.com/wirelesslegal.
3. Description of VMTT: After VMTT is turned on, your voicemails will be transcribed and sent to You as data. To enable VMTT, You authorize AT&T or a third party working on AT&T’s behalf to listen to, and transcribe all or part of voicemail messages and to convert such message into text/email, and to use aggregated transcriptions to enhance and improve VMTT speech recognition and transcription services. Transcription times cannot be guaranteed. Transcription services may be taken down periodically for maintenance during off peak hours, and during those times transcription services may not be available.
You are solely responsible for and will comply with all applicable laws as to the content of any messages you receive from VMTT that you forward or include in a reply to any other person. AT&T is not responsible, nor liable for: a) errors in the conversion of or its inability to transcribe voicemail messages to text including omitting abusive or profane words; b) lost or misdirected messages; or, c) content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, obscene, tortious, or otherwise objectionable. We do not filter, edit or control voice, or text, or email messages, or guarantee the security of messages. We can interrupt, restrict or terminate VMTT without notice, if Your use of VMTT adversely impacts AT&T's network, for example that could occur from abnormal calling patterns or an unusually large number of repeated calls and messages; or if Your use is otherwise abusive, fraudulent, or does not comply with the law or your Wireless Customer Agreement.
4. Impacts to Your Wireless Bill: VMTT is provided at no additional charge. However, data charges will be incurred when a voicemail audio file is transmitted to the transcription platform for transcription and the transcription file is transmitted back to your device. Additional charges may apply if transcribed messages are forwarded via SMS (text) or email, depending on your plan. If you are traveling outside the U.S. coverage area, you will incur international data charges for audio and transcriptions files sent and received to/from your device.
5. Restrictions: You agree that You will not, at any time, use VMTT for any illegal, fraudulent, improper or abusive purpose or in any way which interferes with AT&T’s ability to provide services to other customers, that prevents or restricts other customers from using AT&T’s services, denigrates or interferes with AT&T’s or another carrier’s network, or damages any AT&T or other customer’s property. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to: a) behavior that is obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, malicious, infringing, or invasive of another’s privacy; b) sending unsolicited, bulk, or spam messages; or c) violating Do Not Call or automatic dialing laws and regulations, d) misrepresenting or spoofing Your identity; or e) using VMTT in any manner that violates federal and/or state laws and regulations. Your use of VMTT must also comply with AT&T’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), which is set forth at http://www.att.com/aup, and all applicable laws and regulations.
6. Modifications: AT&T may enhance, upgrade, improve or modify, the technologies that enable VMTT or amend or modify these Terms without providing You notice of such enhancements, upgrades, improvements, modifications and amendments.