Setup & Installation - Setup & Installation FAQs
What should I do to get ready for my scheduled AT&T U-verse® installation?
Learn everything you need to know to get ready for your U-verse installation by visiting us here.
Will I use my current modem with my new AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet service?
No, you won't need your old modem with AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet service.
- If you are an existing AT&T DSL customer who orders AT&T U-verse TV and AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet, service includes professional installation of a wireless gateway supporting wireless home networking.
- If you are an existing AT&T DSL customer who orders AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet only, you incur a $100 fee for a new wireless gateway that supports wireless home networking. You may self-install or pay $149 for a professional installation.
Can I watch U-verse TV on my XBOX?
Yes, for an additional one-time fee, you can watch AT&T U-verse TV on your XBOX. Go here for more information.Back to top
How do I register and install my AT&T DSL service?
Registering your AT&T DSL is completed during your initial installation.Back to top
What should I do before making a professional installation appointment?
Before your installation date, make sure that you've completed the items on the following list:
- Room Selection – Pick the room(s) where you'd like to watch DIRECTV programming.
- TV Access – Move your television away from the wall to help the installer reach the connections.
- Appointment Duration – Set aside 2 to 4 hours to be at home so the installer has time to connect your system and give you a simple demonstration.
- Presence of an Adult – Make sure someone over 18 is home to sign the installation documents when the installer is finished.
- Clear Roof Access – Make sure your roof or balcony has easy access for the installer.
- Working Phone Line – Make sure you have a land-based phone connection with a nearby jack (or wireless jack) so you can take advantage of great features like On-Screen Caller ID and ordering Pay Per View. You'll need Caller ID service from your phone service provider.
- Property Management Approval – If you live in an apartment or are part of a homeowners' association, check with your landlord or management company about regulations for installing television service. You may need to fill out a Landlord Permission Form.
Where will the DIRECTV satellite dish be installed?
To receive DIRECTV programming, your home simply needs a clear view of the southern sky, unblocked by trees or buildings. After that, DIRECTV professional installers mount the satellite dish in an appealing location for your home, apartment, condominium, or townhouse. If you rent, just ask your landlord for approval to install. Print a copy of the Landlord Permission Letter for your landlord to sign. A signed letter must be given to the technician prior to installation of DIRECTV.
What can I expect from professional installation?
DIRECTV installation is fast, straightforward and comprehensive. The DIRECTV installer will completely install your DIRECTV® System for you. This includes installing a satellite dish on your roof, balcony or other location, connecting your receiver to your TV, and a brief lesson on using your system.Back to top