Plan Terms Applicable to GoPhone®: Pay As You Go
1. GoPhone Coverage Map. Please review the coverage map, which shows the scope of your coverage area. Map depicts an approximation of outdoor coverage. Actual coverage area may differ substantially from area shown on map, as coverage may be affected by terrain, weather, foliage, buildings and other construction, signal strength, customer equipment and other factors which do not allow AT&T to guarantee coverage or network availability. You must be in the GoPhone coverage area to place or receive calls. Future coverage, if depicted on map, is based on current planning assumptions but is subject to change and may not be relied upon. Your device’s display does not indicate the rate you will be charged.
2. GoPhone Requirements. An eligible device is required. Rate plans are designed for use on eligible devices as specified in these Plan Terms and the GoPhone brochure. A rate plan designed for one type of device may not be used with another type of device by tethering devices together, by SIM card transfer, or any other means. If you use a rate plan with a non-designated device or without all of the required elements of the rate plan, you agree that AT&T may (a) remove any element of the plan (voice, data or messaging service) from being used on a non-designated device, (b) place an appropriate plan on any non-complying device, and/or (c) suspend or terminate your GoPhone service. Not all features work on all devices and in all areas. You must add money to your account within 26 days of activation, or your account will be canceled. GoPhone refill cards and other account refills are nontransferable and nonrefundable. The *888* command for refill only works with PINS/Cards purchased from AT&T-owned retail stores and select authorized retail locations and may not work on all device types. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated refill denomination expiration period. Unused account balance is forfeited upon expiration. If you are on a monthly or weekly rate plan, the applicable rate plan charge for each renewal period will automatically be deducted from your account balance at the beginning of the day (midnight Central Time) on your rate plan renewal date. Applicable rate plan charge for your selected plan is not refundable and not exchangeable, and any unused services of your plan are forfeited if you change to another rate plan during your plan’s period. If your account balance is insufficient to pay the applicable rate plan charge, you will not be able to use your plan services and any pay-per-use services, until you refill your GoPhone account with the applicable amount or your rate plan is renewed. GoPhone accounts will be canceled 60 days after expiration. A service activation fee and a new wireless phone number will be required to reactivate service. Account balance limit is $500. 900 numbers are not available. Plans, charges, rates and services are subject to change at any time. GoPhone service is subject to these Plan Terms and the GoPhone Terms of Service located in your GoPhone device packaging (collectively, “GoPhone Agreement”). GoPhone Agreement could also be found at att.com/gophoneterms. Activation and use of GoPhone service constitutes acceptance of the GoPhone Agreement.
3. Charges. Voice usage is deducted in full-minute increments with partial minutes rounded up to the next full minute at the end of each call. Additional charges plus airtime apply to Directory Assistance calls. On certain plans, per-minute charges and/or the rate plan charge applies to calls made using features, including Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3-Way Calling and voicemail access and retrievals, and standard airtime charges apply to 800, 866, 877 and other toll-free calls. Long distance included within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam and the Mariana Islands. Taxes and other fees: In many jurisdictions, certain recurring fees or taxes will be debited from your account balance as allowed by law. Other taxes, surcharges and fees apply on top of refill denominations. Free calls: Calls to automated customer service, calls to inquire about balances, and 911 emergency calls are free. 611 calls to automated customer service may not work in all areas.
4. Voice, Data & Messaging Services for Mobile Phones.
General: Voice, data and messaging services are available on smartphones and basic/messaging phones. Availability of specific services, the time period during which services are available, and eligible devices vary depending on a plan.
Pay Per Minute Plan: Pay Per Minute plan includes the ability to make voice calls, send and receive text messages and use data. All voice calls and text messages are charged at the then prevailing per minute/per message rate. Messaging packages are available for an additional cost. Data service is available only on basic and quick messaging phones and only at the then prevailing pay per use data rate. Data packages are not available. Smartphone users are restricted to using Wi-Fi data service.
Daily Plan: Daily plan includes unlimited nationwide calling and unlimited messaging for a rate charge assessed and paid each day the phone is used to make or receive voice calls, including a call to voice mailbox, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. The day for purposes of the Daily plan rate charge starts at midnight and ends at midnight of next day based on the time zone in which you are located when you make a call or send a message. A minimum account balance sufficient to pay the Daily plan rate charge is required to place or receive the first call of the day or send a message. Voice: Minutes are intended for domestic use only. Additional charges apply to international calls. Messaging: Unlimited messaging within the U.S. includes text, picture and video messages. Unlimited messaging from the US to Mexico and over 100 countries includes text messaging only. For a full list of countries available for messaging, go to att.com/gophoneIntlText. Data: Data service is available only on basic and quick messaging phones and only at the then prevailing pay per use data rate. Data packages are not available. Smartphone users are restricted to Wi-Fi data service.
Monthly Plans: Monthly plans include either an allotment of nationwide minutes or unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited messaging, and may include data service. Monthly plans are available for 30 days upon payment of the applicable rate plan charge. The day you add the plan is counted as a full day and counts towards the 30 days. Voice: If a monthly plan includes an allotment of minutes, unused minutes do not roll over and any nationwide airtime overage will be charged at 10 cents per minute. Minutes included in the Monthly plans are intended for domestic use only. Additional charges apply to international calls. Messaging: Unlimited messaging within the U.S. includes text, picture and video messages. Unlimited messaging from the US to Mexico and over 100 countries includes text messages only. For a full list of countries available for messaging, go to att.com/gophoneIntltext. Data: Data availability and allotments vary by plan and type of device. If a monthly plan includes a data allotment, any unused data allotment does not rollover. A data package may be available on certain Monthly plans for an additional cost. Pay-per-use data is not available on Monthly plans for Smartphones. For more details on availability, charges, restrictions and conditions on Monthly plans and Data packages, see the plan grids in the GoPhone brochure or go to www.att.com/gophone.
5. Data Services for Tablets and Mobile Hotspots.
General: Data only plans are available for data only devices. A voice service is not required with Data plans. Data plans may be used with eligible tablets and stand-alone mobile hotspot devices. Data plans include data allotments detailed in the Data plan grids in the GoPhone brochure or at att.com/gophone. Unused data allowances do not roll over. An eligible data package can be added for an additional cost. If your account balance is not sufficient to cover the data package, you will not be able to use data services on the AT&T wireless network until you add money to your account or your rate plan is renewed. International data roaming is not available.
Weekly Data Plan: A Weekly Data plan is available for stand-alone mobile hotspot devices only and is good for 7 days upon payment of the applicable Weekly Data plan charge. The day you add the Weekly Data plan is counted as a full day and counts towards the 7 days. If the data allotment is depleted prior to the 7 day term, additional weekly data packages may be added for an additional charge.
Monthly Data Plans: Monthly Data plans are available for tablets and stand-alone mobile hotspot devices and are good for 30 days upon payment of the applicable Monthly Data rate plan charge. The day you add the Monthly Data plan is counted as a full day and counts towards the 30 days. If the data allotment is depleted prior to the 30 day term, additional monthly data packages may be added for an additional charge.
6. GoPhone Wireless Home Services.
General: GoPhone Wireless Home Services (WHS) include GoPhone Wireless Home Phone (“WHP”) service and GoPhone Wireless Home Phone & Internet (“WHPI”) service. Only Monthly Plans are available for Wireless Home Services which are good for 30 days upon payment of the applicable Monthly rate plan charge. The day you add the Monthly plan is counted as a full day and counts towards the 30 days. International roaming is not supported with Wireless Home Services. For details on availability, charges, restrictions and conditions on Monthly plans for Wireless Home Services, go to att.com/gowirelesshome.
911 calls are routed based on the wireless network automatic location technology. You should expect to provide your location address to the emergency response center responsible for sending first responders (e.g. police, medical assistance, or fire) to your location. WHP Device and Home Base (as defined below) have battery backup power and will work in the event of a power outage. However, if you connect a landline phone to the WHP Device or Home Base that itself required external electric power to operate, you will not be able to place and receive calls over that phone during a power outage.
GoPhone WHP ("GoPhone WHP") Monthly Plan: AT&T Wireless Home Phone device (“WHP Device”) required. GoPhone WHP service provides voice service only. WHP Monthly plan includes unlimited nationwide calling. Minutes are intended for domestic use only. Additional charges apply to international calls. Data and messaging service are not supported by GoPhone WHP service. Other compatibility restrictions apply. For details, see GoPhone Terms of Service. GoPhone WHP Monthly plan is designed for use only on WHP Device and may not be used with phones, data only devices or Home Base and vice-versa, by tethering devices together, by SIM card transfer, or any other means.
GoPhone WHPI (“GoPhone WHPI”) Monthly Plans: AT&T Home Base (“Home Base”) required. GoPhone WHPI service provides voice and data service. GoPhone WHPI Monthly plans include unlimited nationwide calling and an allotment of data. Messaging service is not supported by GoPhone WHPI service. Other compatibility restrictions apply. For details, see GoPhone Terms of Service. GoPhone WHPI Monthly plans are designed for use only with Home Base and may not be used with phones, data only devices or WHP Device and vice-versa, by tethering devices together, by SIM card transfer, or any other means. Voice: Minutes included are intended for domestic use only. Additional charges apply to international calls. Data: Data allotments vary by plan and allow you to share monthly allotments among up to eleven (11) internet capable devices connected to Home Base. Any unused data allotment does not rollover. A data package is available for an additional cost.
General: Packages contain a specific allotment of data, messages or international long distance minutes. Messaging, International Long Distance and certain Data Packages are available for 30 days, unless you are on a Weekly Data plan, in which case weekly Data Packages are available for 7 days. All packages are available as long as your account balance is not expired. Balance expiration is determined by date associated with your refill denomination. If your account balance expires before the last day of the package term, the package cannot be used (and the remaining time on the package will continue to run) unless you add money to your account during the remaining days of the package period. The day you add the package is counted as a full day and counts towards the 7 days or the 30 days, as applicable. Package expires at 12 am Central Time on day 7 or day 30, as applicable. You must have an active (not expired) rate plan in order to purchase or renew a package. A package is depleted when you use the entire allotment. Unused allotments do not roll over. Renew a package before its expiration date and any unused service will roll over to your renewed package time period. For details on availability, charges, restrictions and conditions on Data, Messaging, and International Long Distance packages, see the GoPhone brochure or go to att.com/gophoneplans.
Data Packages: A Monthly Data package, available for 30 days, may be added to an eligible Monthly plan, Monthly Data plan or GoPhone WHPI Monthly plan. A Weekly Data package, available for 7 days, may be added to a Weekly Data plan. When you add a data package to a voice rate plan that includes a data allotment, or a Data plan, then the use of data will be counted against your data package instead of being counted against the data allotment of your rate plan. The unused portion of your data allotment will remain available for use until the last day of your rate plan term, provided you deplete your data package. Thus, you should not add a data package to a rate plan that includes a data allotment until your data allotment is about to be depleted. After a data package expires or is depleted, usage will be charged according to your underlying rate plan.
Messaging Packages: Monthly Messaging packages are available for 30 days. They include an allotment of nationwide messages (voice, picture or video) and may be added only to the Pay Per Minute plan.
International Long Distance Packages: International Long Distance packages include an allotment of minutes of international long distance service to landline or/and mobile numbers in specific countries for 30 days. Countries and/or call destinations not included in the package will be charged at standard pay per use rates for international long distance. For details on pay per use charges go to att.com/gointl. Standard International Long Distance Package: For a list of countries and details on calls included in this package, see att.com/gophoneintLD. Mexico Plus Long Distance Package: For a list of countries and details on calls, see att.com/gomexicoplus. This package can only be added to the select Monthly plans specified in the GoPhone brochure and may not be purchased more than twice within any 30 day period on an individual account. If this package is purchased more than twice within any 30 day period, AT&T reserves the right to block international calling and/or suspend or terminate your GoPhone service. GoPhone WHS International Long Distance Package: This package can be added to the GoPhone Wireless Home Phone or Wireless Home Phone & Internet Monthly plans. It may not be purchased more than twice within any 30 day period on an individual account. If this package is purchased more than twice within 30 days, AT&T reserves the right to block international calling and/or suspend or terminate your GoPhone service. For a list of countries and details on calls included in this package, see att.com/gowirelesshome.
8. Text, Picture/Video Messaging and Instant Messaging.
General: AT&T does not guarantee delivery of messages. Text, picture, and video messages, including downloaded content, not delivered within 3 days will be deleted. AT&T reserves the right to change this delivery period as needed without notification. If you cancel the Text /Picture/Video Messaging service, you will not be able to send and receive messages, but due to technical issues, messages could be received; therefore, AT&T cannot guarantee all incoming messages will be blocked.
Messages are limited to 160 characters per message. You agree you will not use our messaging services to send messages that contain advertising or a commercial solicitation to any person or entity without their consent. You will have the burden of proving consent with clear and convincing evidence if a person or entity complains you did not obtain their consent. Consent cannot be evidenced by third party lists you purchased or obtained. You further agree you will not use our messaging service to send messages that: (a) are bulk messages (b) are automatically generated; (c) can disrupt AT&T's network; (d) harass or threaten another person (e) interfere with another customer’s use or enjoyment of AT&T's services; (f) generate significant or serious customer complaints, (g) that falsify or mask the sender/originator of the message; or (h) violate any law or regulation. AT&T reserves the right, but is not obligated, to deny, disconnect, suspend, modify and/or terminate your messaging service or messaging services with any associated account(s), or to deny, disconnect, suspend, modify and/or terminate the account(s), without notice, for anyone using messaging services in any manner that is prohibited. Our failure to take any action in the event of a violation shall not be construed as a waiver of the right to enforce such terms, conditions, or policies. Advertising and commercial solicitations do not include messaging that: (a) facilitates, completes, or confirms a commercial transaction where the recipient of such message has previously agreed to enter into with the sender of such message; or (b) provides account information, service or product information, warranty information, product recall information, or safety or security information with respect to a commercial product or service used or purchased by the recipient of such message.
Pay-Per-Use Text/Picture/Video Messaging: If your plan does not include messaging service or you don’t purchase a Messaging package, pay-per-use Text /Picture/Video Messaging service is automatically available, just pay for usage. You may remove any pay-per-use service by contacting customer service. There is a charge per message sent or received, whether read or unread, solicited or unsolicited.
General: The absolute capacity of AT&T's wireless data network is limited; consequently, data services may only be used for permitted activities. Pricing and data allowances for data services are device dependent and based on the capabilities and capacity of each device. Data services are designed for use with one of the following device types: (1) Smartphones, (2) basic and quick messaging phones, (3) tablets, (4) stand-alone mobile hotspot devices and (5) WHP device and Home Base. Data only plans are available for use on tablets and stand-alone mobile hotspot devices only. A data service designed for one type of device may not be used with another type of device. For example, a Data plan designated for a tablet may not be used with a mobile hotspot device and vice-versa by tethering devices together, by SIM card transfer, or any other means. Data services and data plans do not allow access to corporate email, company intranet sites, and other business applications. Data speeds are not guaranteed and subject to your device limitations. AT&T may reduce your data access speed on a Monthly plan with unlimited data after your data use reaches certain threshold specified in the GoPhone brochure with respect to such plan. When your data use exceeds the specified threshold, your maximum data speeds will be reduced to at most 128 Kbps for the remainder of your 30-day Monthly plan period. Pay-per-use data service is automatically available on basic and messaging phones only. Pay-per-use data service is only available on basic and messaging phones. Data usage is charged in five-kilobyte increments, and actual transport usage is rounded up to the next five kilobytes. Data charges are based on the location of the site receiving and transmitting service and not your location. Mobile broadband and 4G access requires a compatible device. If you are using data service on a pay per use basis, your account balance must be at least $5. Data usage applies when using Instant Messaging, and downloading ringtones, games and graphics. In some cases our network will resend data packets to ensure complete delivery. You will be charged for these re-sent packets. Certain advanced features are not available. All screen images are simulated. See GoPhone Terms of Service for more details on permitted and prohibited uses of data services.
Data with Wi-Fi Hotspot/Tethering: Tethering is a wireless or wired method in which your GoPhone mobile device is used as a modem or router to provide an internet access connection to other devices, such as laptops, network, tablets, smartphones, other phones, USB modems, network routers, mobile hotspots and other data-capable devices. Certain Monthly plans for smartphones enable data Wi-Fi hotspot/tethering, and you may use such rate plans for tethering, subject to your device limitations.
10. International Calling. Per-minute international long distance charges apply in addition to regular airtime charges unless you purchase an International Long Distance package. If you are on a Monthly plan with an allotment of nationwide minutes, your international long distance calls will not be counted against your voice allotment, but you will be charged 10 cents per minute plus the applicable international long distance charge for your international long distance minutes. See att.com/gointl for a list of available countries, rates and other details.
11. Unlimited Voice & Data Services. UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE. Unlimited voice services are provided for live dialogue between two individuals. Unreasonable use includes, but is not limited to, (a) multi-party calling (separate calls initiated by you but not bridged together), (b) reselling of GoPhone service through the use of external equipment (i.e., Simbox or any other type of equipment that allows reselling of service), (c) tethering GoPhone service except as expressly permitted herein, or (d) monitoring services, data transmissions, transmission of broadcasts, transmission of recorded material, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live dialogue between two individuals. Unlimited data service is available with qualified plans and only on eligible basic or messaging phones. Unreasonable data use includes, but is not limited to tethering the phone to another phone, computer, modem or other equipment for the purpose of using data services except as expressly permitted herein. If you are on a rate plan that includes unlimited voice or data, we have the right, at our discretion, to terminate your account for any excessive or abusive use.
12. Caller Number ID. Your wireless number may be displayed on outbound calls to other wireless and landline phones with Caller ID capability. Contact customer service for information on blocking the display of your wireless number.
13. Conference Calling and Call Forwarding. If your use of conference calling, including any variation thereof, or call forwarding exceeds 750 minutes per month, AT&T may, at its option, impose a 25¢ per minute usage charge for all calling over 750 minutes using one or more of these features, terminate your service or change your rate plan to one with no unlimited usage components. AT&T will provide notice that it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the GoPhone service.
14. Off-net Usage. For a listing of available off-net and international roaming locations, where per-minute usage or roaming rates apply, go to att.com/gophone. For any other off-net usage, AT&T may at its option, impose a per minute usage charge or terminate your service. AT&T will provide notice that it intends to take either of the above actions, and you may terminate your service.
©2014 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. Service provided by AT&T Mobility. AT&T recycles used phones. Visit us at: att.com/recycle.