AT&T Wi-Fi Terms of Service
These Terms of Service & Acceptable Use Policy (the "Terms") govern your use of services provided by AT&T Wi-Fi Services ("Service"). If you connect to the AT&T Wi-Fi service via one of AT&T's roaming partners, your use of the Service will also be governed by that provider's Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. Your use of the Service represents your agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, do not use the Service.
Description of the Service
The Service is provided by AT&T Wi-Fi Services ("AT&T"). The Service provides you with access to the Internet via certain AT&T high-speed Internet access points ("Locations"). Primarily, this access is provided via a Wi-Fi network using an 802.11 standard (the “Wi-Fi Service”). To access the Wi-Fi service, you must have a device that is compatible with the specific Wi-Fi equipment deployed at the Location. In some instances, the Service will provide you with access to the Internet via a wired connection as part of a managed network (the “Wired Internet Service”). A common example of this type of connection will be in a hotel guest room. Use of the Wired Internet Service will require a compatible computer or device.
The Service is intended for the limited purposes of allowing access to the public Internet for e-mail, web browsing, download files via the ‘ftp’ protocol typically implemented in such web browser programs and for purposes otherwise consistent with the terms of service. The Service is not intended for high-bandwidth applications such as streaming of video.
The unsecured nature and ease of connection to public Wi-Fi hotspots increases the risk that unauthorized persons can access your phone, laptop or other device or your communications over the Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi customers should take precautions to lower the security risks. If you have VPN, AT&T recommends that you connect through it for optimum security. AT&T also encourages its users to observe standard security practices. You should ensure that computer hard drives are not shared; that laptops have firewall protection; and that security software is installed, functional and updated on your device. AT&T recommends that you avoid transmitting or accessing sensitive personal information over the Wi-Fi network, and that you only connect to known Wi-Fi hotspots.
Where applicable, you agree to pay all charges and fees related to your use of the Service, including taxes, fees, surcharges or other assessments applicable to the Service.
The following additional terms will apply, based upon the arrangement under which you agreed to purchase the Service:
Modifications to the Service / Updates to the Terms
AT&T reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Service (or any function or feature of the Service or any part thereof, including but not limited to rates and charges) with or without notice. You agree that AT&T will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. These Terms may be updated or changed from time to time. AT&T will provide notice of changes in the Terms in any manner acceptable by law, including by posting them to our website at secure.sbc.com/tosaup.adp or at such other website as AT&T may designate. The current Terms shall be posted at Your use of the Service following updates or changes to these terms constitutes your acceptance of those changes. If you do not agree to the revisions, you must terminate your use of the Service immediately.
Operational Limits of the Service
Provisioning of the Service is subject to the availability and the operational limitations of the requisite equipment and associated facilities. There is no guarantee of bandwidth. Your connection speed may not be suitable for some applications, and particularly those involving real-time or near real time, high-bandwidth uses such as video streaming or video conferencing. You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the Service may occur as normal events in the provision of the Service and that AT&T will not be liable for such interruptions. You further understand and agree that AT&T has no control over third party networks you may access in the course of your use of the Service, and therefore, delays and disruptions of other network transmissions are beyond the control of AT&T. AT&T will not be liable for any failure of performance, if such failure is due to any cause beyond AT&T's reasonable control, including acts of God, fire, explosion, vandalism, nuclear disaster, terrorism, cable cut, storm or other similar occurrence, any law, order or regulation by any government, civil, or military authority, national emergencies, insurrections, riots, wars, labor difficulties, supplier failures, shortages, breaches, or delays, or delays caused by you or your equipment. The owner or operator of the Location may have implemented URL filtering or other content filtering services which block access to certain websites or content while at the Location (“Content Filtering”). AT&T is not responsible for such Content Filtering and will not be liable to you for any acts, omissions, performance or non-performance related to the Content Filtering.
All information that you provide to AT&T must be accurate, including your name, email address, physical address, credit or charge card numbers and expiration dates and any Service payment information ("Registration Data"). You are responsible for keeping such information up-to-date and must provide changes promptly to AT&T. You agree to keep confidential your log-in ID and password and are solely responsible for any liability or damages resulting from your failure to maintain that confidentiality. You are also solely and fully responsible and liable for all activities that occur under your member ID. You agree to immediately notify AT&T if you suspect any breach of security such as loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of your member ID or password.
Third Party Content Disclaimer/ Links to Third Party Sites
Content provided by Third Party Providers (“Third Party Content”) has not been independently authenticated in whole or in part by AT&T. AT&T does not provide, sell, license, or lease any of the Third Party Content other than those specifically identified as being provided by AT&T. This Service may be linked to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by AT&T. AT&T is not responsible for the content of those sites. AT&T is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement by AT&T of those sites.
General Use Restrictions
Subject to your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted the right to use the Service through a non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-assignable limited license. The Service is provided for your use only (unless otherwise specifically stated) and you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, transfer, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes your subscription to or membership in the Service, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service. You have no right to resell, sublicense, assign or transfer your right to access the Service or use the AT&T Service. All information, documents, products, and software (the "Materials") provided with this Service were provided by or to AT&T by its respective manufacturers, authors, developers, licensees and vendors (including, without limitation, Wayport, Inc.) (the "Third Party Providers") and are the copyrighted work of AT&T and/or the Third Party Providers. Except as stated herein, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, resold, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior express written permission of AT&T or the Third Party Provider. You also may not, without AT&T' prior express written permission, "mirror" any Material provided with this Service on any other server. You acknowledge sole responsibility for obtaining any such licenses. Any unauthorized use of any Materials provided with or through this Service may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Except as expressly stated herein, you are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Service or Materials by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Service or Materials not expressly granted herein is hereby reserved and retained by AT&T or the Third Party Provider.
Software Use Restrictions
Any software that is made available to download with the Service (the "Software") is the copyrighted work of AT&T and/or Third Party Providers. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the Software (the "License Agreement"). An end user will be unable to install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a License Agreement, unless the end user first agrees to the terms of the License Agreement. Except as set forth in the applicable License Agreement, any further copying, reproduction or redistribution of the Software is expressly prohibited.
Installation assistance, product support and maintenance, if any, of the Software is available from AT&T and/or the Third Party Providers, as the case may be.
SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, any Materials provided by you in connection with this Service shall be deemed to be provided on a non-proprietary and non-confidential basis. AT&T shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Materials and shall be free to use or disseminate such Materials on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the Materials that you submit, and you, not AT&T, have full responsibility for the Materials, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright.
Disclaimer of Warranties
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, THE MATERIALS AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", AND ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID. AT&T MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS PROVIDED WITH THE SERVICE. ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE MATERIALS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE PROVIDERS OF SUCH MATERIALS. HOWEVER, AT&T DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE A WARRANTY ON AT&T'S BEHALF AND YOU MAY NOT RELY ON ANY STATEMENT OF WARRANTY BY A THIRD PARTY AS A WARRANTY OF AT&T.
Limitation of AT&T Liability
AT&T SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF USING, MODIFYING, CONTRIBUTING, COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, OR DOWNLOADING THE SERVICE OR MATERIALS. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL AT&T BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER THEY ARISE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OR IN TORT, EVEN IF AT&T HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE PERMITTED, AT&T'S SOLE LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY PAID TO AT&T BY YOU FOR USE OF THE SERVICE.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless AT&T and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders, licensors or other partners and employees from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (a) content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Service; (b) your use of the Service; (c) your violation of these TOS; (d) your violation of the AUP; (d) your violation of any rights of another; and (e) use of your account and any Sub-Account whether or not such usage is expressly authorized by you.
Liability of Customer
YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND WILL NOT MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST AT&T FOR LOST DATA, RE-RUN TIME, INACCURATE OUTPUT, WORK DELAYS OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE AND MATERIALS.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS AT&T (INCLUDING ITS PARENT AND AFFILIATE COMPANIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND AGENTS) FROM, AND YOU COVENANT NOT TO SUE AT&T FOR, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON, OR STEMMING FROM, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND MATERIALS.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION – BINDING ARBITRATION
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our customer service department at 1-800-331-0500. In the unlikely event that AT&T's customer service department is unable to resolve a complaint you may have to your satisfaction (or if AT&T has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. For any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, AT&T will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you are entitled to recover attorneys' fees from AT&T to at least the same extent as you would be in court.
In addition, under certain circumstances (as explained below), AT&T will pay you more than the amount of the arbitrator's award and will pay your attorney (if any) twice his or her reasonable attorneys' fees if the arbitrator awards you an amount that is greater than what AT&T has offered you to settle the dispute.
(1) AT&T and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory;
- claims that arose before this or any prior Agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
- claims that may arise after the termination of this Agreement.
References to "AT&T," "you," and "us" include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or Devices under this or prior Agreements between us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, including, for example, the Federal Communications Commission. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and AT&T are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Agreement.
(2) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice"). The Notice to AT&T should be addressed to: Office for Dispute Resolution, AT&T, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30319 ("Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If AT&T and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or AT&T may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by AT&T or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or AT&T is entitled. You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration at att.com/arbitration-forms.
(3) After AT&T receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, it will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for greater than $75,000. (The filing fee currently is $125 for claims under $10,000 but is subject to change by the arbitration provider. If you are unable to pay this fee, AT&T will pay it directly upon receiving a written request at the Notice Address.) The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by this Agreement, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by writing to the Notice Address. (You may obtain information that is designed for non-lawyers about the arbitration process at att.com/arbitration-information.) The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration provision are for the court to decide. Unless AT&T and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, we agree that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. Except as otherwise provided for herein, AT&T will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse AT&T for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek more than $75,000 in damages, the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(4) If, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of AT&T's last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then AT&T will:
- pay you the amount of the award or $10,000 ("the alternative payment"), whichever is greater; and
- pay your attorney, if any, twice the amount of attorneys' fees, and reimburse any expenses (including expert witness fees and costs) that your attorney reasonably accrues for investigating, preparing, and pursuing your claim in arbitration ("the attorney premium").
If AT&T did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, you and your attorney will be entitled to receive the alternative payment and the attorney premium, respectively, if the arbitrator awards you any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees, expenses, and the alternative payment and the attorney premium at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits.
(5) The right to attorneys' fees and expenses discussed in paragraph (4) supplements any right to attorneys' fees and expenses you may have under applicable law. Thus, if you would be entitled to a larger amount under the applicable law, this provision does not preclude the arbitrator from awarding you that amount. However, you may not recover duplicative awards of attorneys' fees or costs. Although under some laws AT&T may have a right to an award of attorneys' fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration, AT&T agrees that it will not seek such an award.
(6) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. YOU AND AT&T AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and AT&T agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void.
(7) Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if AT&T makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to the Notice Address) during your Service Commitment, you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to the Arbitration Notice Address provided above. By rejecting any future change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this provision.
Local Laws; Export Control
AT&T and/or the applicable Third Party Provider control and operate this Service from its or their headquarters in various locations in the United States of America and makes no representation that these Materials or the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Service or the Materials from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws including but not limited to the export and import regulations of other countries.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all marketing or promotional materials provided with or through this the Materials or the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies or other entities located in the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia. You acknowledge and agree that Materials are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Laws and Regulations. Diversion of such Materials contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. You agree that none of the Materials, nor any direct product there from, is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred, or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals, nor be used for nuclear activities, chemical biological weapons, or missile projects unless authorized by the U.S. Government. Proscribed countries are set forth in the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Countries subject to U.S. embargo are: Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, and the Sudan. This list is subject to change without further notice from AT&T, and you must comply with the list as it exists in fact. You certify that you are not on the U.S. Department of Commerce's Denied Persons List or affiliated lists or on the U.S. Department of Treasury's Specially Designated Nationals List. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
U.S. Government Rights
The Materials on this Service are provided with the following restrictions: Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in the FAR 52.227-19 (June 1987), FAR 52.227-14 (ALT II & ALT III) (June 1987), or if DoD, as specified in DFARS 252.7202-1(a) and 252.7202-3(a) and vendor's applicable license terms, and DFARS 252.227-7013 (Nov 1995) and 252.227-7014(Nov 1995), as applicable. Use of the Materials by the U.S. Government constitutes acknowledgment of AT&T' and/or the Third Party Provider's proprietary rights in them.
This Service could include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Any action related to these Terms will be governed by Texas law and controlling U.S. federal law. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply. These Terms provide basic guidelines for your use of the Service, and will be enforced in conjunction with other Terms of Service or Membership Agreement, if any, that govern AT&T products or services that you use or that you have purchased. In the event that any provision of these Terms shall be rendered invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not invalidate or render unenforceable any other provision of these Terms and these Terms shall continue in full force and effect and be construed as if they did not contain the invalid or unenforceable provision.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Use of the Service is subject to the terms and conditions of the AT&T Acceptable Use Policy. www.att.com/aup ("AUP").
For information about AT&T's broadband Internet access services, please visit www.att.com/broadbandinfo