Frequently Asked Questions
AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans give you even more savings on the Nation’s Fastest and Most Reliable 4G LTE Network.
Mobile Share Value plans offer the same great benefits as the original Mobile Share plans—unlimited talk and text for phones and the ability to share data with up to 10 devices. Mobile hotspot is also included for capable devices.
What are the benefits of the Mobile Share Value plans?
1. No Annual Service Contract Options – now make it more affordable than ever for customers to sign up for a shared data plan.
No Annual Service Contract available on the following:
- AT&T NextSM
- Full retail price
- Out-of-contract customers
- Customers who bring their own device (BYOD)
2. Customers can save $15/month on a smartphone plan if they choose a No Annual Service Contract Option - that’s $25/month for each smartphone device!
3. Smartphone Plans start as low as $45/month; Basic/Messaging devices for as low as $40 per month
- Add a smartphone on a 2 year service agreement for only $40/month.
- Add Basic and/or Messaging device for only $20/month- that’s $10 savings compared to the original Mobile Share plans.
How does the launch of Mobile Share Value plans affect new customers?
New customers will be able to choose from the new Mobile Share Value plans and take advantage of these great new benefits.
How does the launch of Mobile Share Value plans affect existing customers?
Existing customers can move to the Mobile Share Value plans or they can remain on their current plan, whatever works best for them. Customers can also upgrade their device or add a line to their current rate plan – it’s their choice!
What features are included in Mobile Share Value plans?
Mobile Share Value plans offer the same great benefits as the original Mobile Share plans including the ability to share data with unlimited talk and text for phones and mobile hotspot on capable devices on the Nation’s Fastest and Most Reliable 4G LTE Network.
Are there any additional data tiers being added to Mobile Share Value plans that aren’t part of the original Mobile Share plans?
Yes. You can take advantage of a new 8GB plan that is being offered as an option only for Mobile Share Value plans.
It says that one of the No Annual Service Contract options is for customers to bring their own device. What does that mean?
Bring Your Own Device applies to new customers coming to AT&T with devices having compatible technologies that will work on AT&T’s network AND current AT&T customers wanting to use an out-of-contract, compatible device as an add-a-line to their account.
What is the smartphone activation fee if a customer brings their own device?
A $36 activation fee applies for customers bringing their own device.
Is there a smartphone activation fee with AT&T Next?
No. With AT&T NextSM, there are no activation fees. A $36 activation fee does apply for all No Annual Service Contract options; with the exception of AT&T NextSM. Two-year service agreements have a $36 activation fee as well.
What does a customer have to do to have a device from another carrier unlocked?
Customers bringing over a device from another carrier will need to request that a device be unlocked from that carrier prior to being able to bring that device onto a Mobile Share Value plan.
Can a customer enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance if they bring their own device?
Customers are able to enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance, as long as the device is purchased from AT&T or an authorized retailer within 30 days of activation. Customers wishing to bring a device from another carrier will not be eligible to sign up for Mobile Insurance.
What is AT&T NextSM 18 that is being offered as an option with the Mobile Share Value plans?
AT&T NextSM 18 provides another option for customers looking to keep their monthly costs down with a lower monthly installment payment for their smartphone. Customers sign up for 26 monthly installment payments but can trade-in and upgrade their Smartphone after 18 monthly payments. Just like with AT&T NextSM 12, there is no down payment, activation, or upgrade fees.
Is a contract required with AT&T Mobile Share Value plans?
Customers can choose the Mobile Share Value plan that works best for their needs:
- If a customer purchases a device at our two-year pricing, an annual service contract is required.
- If a customer purchases a device via one of our No Annual Service Contract options, (i.e. AT&T NextSM, Bring Your Own Device, no commit, etc.); no annual service contract is required. AT&T NextSM does require that customers sign an installment agreement for their smartphone charges.
- Customers are required to agree to the Wireless Customer Agreement (terms of service, not associated with a time commitment).
How will the savings from choosing a No Annual Service Contract option be displayed on the bill?
All smartphones on Mobile Share Value plans will be billed at $40 per month. A $15 Mobile Share Value smartphone savings credit for eligible customers will be automatically applied to the customer’s monthly bill.