Learning Center Topics
Would you like your child to have the freedom and security of a wireless phone while you set sensible boundaries for its use? You can have that and more with Smart Limits for Wireless from AT&T.
Smart Limits lets you:
- Block incoming and outgoing calls and text messages – now up to 30 numbers.
- Block calls to 411 Directory Assistance (including 555-1212).
- Restrict times of day the phone can be used for messaging, browsing and outbound calling.
- Set limits for the number of text and instant messages allowed per billing cycle.
- Choose a dollar limit for downloadable purchases (ringtones, games, apps).
- Select the amount of Web browsing/data usage allowed per billing cycle.
- Restrict access to inappropriate content with content filters.
Additional Smart Limits features include:
- Warning message for your child when they get close to the text and download limits.
- Notifications listing the services that are blocked because the set limit is reached.
- Calls and text messages to and from phone numbers designated as "Allowed Numbers" (including calls to/from 911) are permitted regardless of the limits set.
Smart Limits has some minor limitations of its own. These include:
- Cannot be used to set specific monthly limits for minutes. All incoming calls are allowed at all times except from numbers you designate as “Blocked Numbers.”
- Will not block, restrict or filter data usage while the user is in Wi-Fi mode.
- Will not block or restrict Push to Talk, BlackBerry email or BlackBerry® Connect services.
Stay in the know! Sign up for updates on hot deals & new products.