U-verse Welcome Center
- Order & Installation
- Your First Bill
Resolving Basic Internet Issues
- Issues with your wired and wireless connection? Make sure your computer is connected to your gateway and that your connection is active. You will either be connected with an Ethernet cord, wirelessly, or both.
- Slow Internet? There are a number of things that can impact the speed of your Internet. We've assembled a few tips that can help give your connection a boost so you can get back to enjoying your service at full speed. Learn more about troubleshooting slow Internet speeds.
Start by watching the Troubleshooting Your Email Account video for tips on resolving basic issues.
- Diagnose email problems. You can resolve many Internet or U-verse service issues using our online tools. Some solutions will request that you enter your Primary Member ID and password, which were created when you established your U-verse service. Use our tool to troubleshoot for PC and Mac.
- Did you forget your email password? You will need to change or reset your password.
- Verify email client settings. If you are attempting to access your att.net account through an email client, there are a few things that could impact account performance. Learn more.
Email Client Settings
If you can get into your AT&T email, but you have trouble sending or receiving messages, try these tips.
If you are logged in to your email on the Web
- Be sure an expected email didn't land in your Spam folder.
- In your Settings (access by selecting the gear icon in the top right corner of your email page):
- In the Blocked Addresses section, be sure there are no addresses from which you would expect email.
- Review the Filters section to be sure your emails arrive in the correct folder.
- Log out of your email, and then log back in.
- Open your AT&T email in a different Web browser. For example, if you normally use Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Clear your cookies and cache. Sometimes these slow down browsing speeds and conflict with email.
- Disable browser tools or add-ons, to find out if they conflict with your email access.
- Enable Adobe Flash Player, and make sure it is up to date.
- Send a test email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If everything is okay, you will receive an auto-response email within two minutes.
If you use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Windows Live
You get AT&T web-based email plus our online self-help tools as part of your AT&T High-Speed Internet service. Other companies offer client-based email products like Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Windows Live Mail. If you need help with an email client you use with AT&T services, reach out to our tech support experts at AT&T ConnecTech. They'll assist with installation, setup, or troubleshooting for an affordable price. Get a complete listing of services and pricing at AT&T ConnecTech.
If you are an AT&T High Speed Internet or AT&T U-verse customer and you use an email client,try the Interactive Tool for PC now. If you're a MAC user, visit Interactive Tool for MAC to get started.
- Check to see if you have messages in your Outbox folder. If so, remove those messages and try to send a new message. Sometimes mail gets stuck.
- Review common email error codes for steps to resolve them. Alternatively, if you get Error 553 when you send and receive mail from an account not provided by AT&T, your email address may need to be verified before continuing.
- Log in to your AT&T email on the Web and send a test email to email@example.com. If everything is okay, you will receive an auto-response email within two minutes. If you receive an error code, refer to our list of common email error codes to pinpoint your problem.
- Check your email client settings.
|Email Program Settings Field :||Enter :|
|Outgoing server (SMTP):||outbound.att.net(requires authentication)|
|Incoming mail server:||POP3|
|Incoming/Outgoing User Name:||Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)|
|Incoming mail port#||995, secure connection (SSL) checked|
|Outgoing mail port #:||465, secure connection (SSL) checked|
Looking for additional information?
Connect with a service representative and get assistance with your U-verse service.