• Must be 6-24 characters
• May not be all letters
• May not be all numbers
• May not be the same as your User ID
• May contain uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, underscores ( _ ), or hyphens (–)
Note: Passwords are case sensitive, so be sure to enter upper and lowercase letters carefully.
We do everything we can to prevent cybercriminals from hacking your account. A strong password gives you even greater protection.
Tips for Creating Strong Passwords:
• Use a longer password to make it harder for a hacker to guess.
• Avoid using common words that could be easy to guess.
• Avoid sequences like123456, abcdef, asdf, and qwerty.
• Avoid personal information that is easy to find on social media or other sites (your name,
Social Security number, date of birth, or pet’s name, for example).
• Avoid re-using passwords that you have used before or on other websites.