Let’s get started
Before you activate your device:
- Find your AT&T phone number on the order confirmation included in your shipment.
- Locate your IMEI and SIM (ICCID) numbers.
- Transfer your contacts, photos, and videos from your old device to your new device.
- Use the new SIM card that came with your Certified Pre-Owned device to have the best possible experience. If you use a different SIM card, some of your device features may not work.
Note: Look for your SIM (ICCID) number on your box or SIM card
Now you’re ready to activate your device
1. Start with your device powered off.
2. Choose one of these options:
Option 1 If you're a new customer and not transferring your number from another provider, skip to Step 3.
Option 2 If you're transferring your number from another provider or activating a replacement device, go to the AT&T Phone Activation site.
3. Turn your device on and follow the setup prompts.
4. Make a test call, or try connecting to the Internet or email.
5. Set up voicemail.
New customers Go to Set up Visual Voicemail to create a voicemail password and greeting.
Current customers You may need your existing voicemail password to set up voicemail on your device. Forget your password? Go to Reset voicemail password.
6. Go to Device Support to learn how to use and troubleshoot your device:
- Set up your email.
- Get help with common issues, like blocking unwanted calls or accessing the Internet.
- Manage settings for data usage, Wi-Fi, and hotspots.
Thanks for choosing us
Activating another device? Go to the Activate your device page.
AT&T helpful support resources
Manage your account online.
Download the app to manage your AT&T account.
View our no-hassle return
policy and exchange information.
Send us your old device for value
toward the latest accessories,
devices, or to pay your bill.
View step-by-step instructions
to help you set up your voicemail,
email, and manage your phone.
Learn how to transfer your
contacts, photos, and videos
from your old device to your