Determine Wireless Data Availability
- The "Connect" button will appear once the device obtains wireless data availability.
- If the "Connect" button does not appear, troubleshoot accordingly:
- If it reads "Ready to Connect", but unable to connect, troubleshoot software conflicts and issues.
- If it reads "No Wireless Device", troubleshoot device installation.
- If it reads "Searching for network", troubleshoot network availability.
- If it reads, "Acquiring Data Service", troubleshoot network availability.
- If traveling internationally, troubleshoot network availability.
Determine signal strength
- The signal strength is displayed on the main connection screen in signal bars.
- Roll over the signal bars to show detailed information.
- NOTE: The signal strength should be between -50dbm and -95dbm. If the signal is -96dbm to -115dbm, the device may connect but applications like web browsing will be slow and prone to loss of connection. The speed of a 2G connection is directly proportionate to signal strength whereas with a 3G connection it is not.