RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800 Keypad Layout Prerequisite Verify content protection is disabled
before resetting the BlackBerry. Soft Reset
NOTE: Performing a soft reset stops all applications on the BlackBerry device and will not result in data loss.
- Press and hold the ALT key.
- Press and hold the Right Shift key.
- Press the Delete key.
NOTE: It may take up to a minute for the device to reset.
- The device will power cycle indicating that the reset has started, the keys can now be released.
NOTE: Performing a hard reset stops all network, software, and hardware on the BlackBerry device and will not result in data loss.
Master Reset (Wipe Handheld) WARNING
- Press the BlackBerry Logo on the battery cover and slide down.
- Remove and re-insert the battery. Replace the battery cover.
NOTE: Reinsert the battery so that the BlackBerry logo faces up and the metal contacts on the battery align with the metal contacts on the BlackBerry.
: Proceed with caution. A master reset will result in the loss of ALL
user data! It is recommended to perform a backup of the RIM BlackBerry data
- On the Home screen, open the All tray, then scroll to and select the Options icon (to select, press the trackpad or tap the screen).
- Scroll to and select Security.
- Scroll to and select Security Wipe.
- The Security Wipe options screen will be displayed. Scroll to and select the desired option:
- To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc. check box.
- To delete all third party applicaitons that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
- To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.
Scroll to and select Wipe Data.