NOTE: Performing a soft reset stops all applications on the BlackBerry device and will not result in data loss.
- Press and hold the ALT key, Right Shift key, and the Delete key.
NOTE: It may take up to a minute for the device to reset.
- The device will power cycle indicating that the reset has started, the keys can now be released.
NOTE: Performing a hard reset stops all network, software, and hardware on the BlackBerry device and will not result in data loss.
- Press the BlackBerry Logo on the battery cover and slide down.
- Remove and re-insert the battery. Replace the battery cover.
NOTE: Reinsert the battery so that the BlackBerry logo faces up and the metal contacts on the battery align with the metal contacts on the BlackBerry.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
Master Reset (Wipe Handheld)
IMPORTANT: A master reset will result in the loss of ALL user data! It is recommended to perform a backup of the RIM BlackBerry data.
- On the home screen, open the All tray, and then select .
- Select Security.
- Select Security Wipe.
- The Security Wipe options screen will be displayed. Scroll to and select the desired option:
Enter "blackberry", and then select Wipe Data. The device will reboot when complete.
- To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc. check box.
- To delete all third party applicaitons that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
- To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.