On 10/29/2013, AT&T and HTC released the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 software update for the HTC Windows Phone 8X (PM23300). This software package updates the firmware revision number to 3030.0.4121.502, and includes multiple improvements.
The size of the update file is 213.47 MB, and is available to download over Wi-Fi only.
- Driving Mode works with connected Bluetooth devices to limit notifications on the lock screen until the user is safely parked
- Easily close apps in the App Switcher screen
- New accessibility features for blind/visually impaired users
- Improved internet sharing with Windows 8.1 devices
- Ability to assign custom ringtones to SMS, IM, voice mail, email and reminders
- Ability to lock screen so it doesnt rotate
- Improved storage management
- Wi-Fi access out of the box connect to Wi-Fi during phone setup, to conserve cellular data
- Improved Bluetooth connectivity
- Improved device performance
What to expect after the update
Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to a PC prior to upgrading the software. For information on backing up your phone's data, please see Microsoft's support tutorials for syncing photos, and music & videos.
How to update
- Watch your phone for an update notification. Once the notification is received, you will be able to download and install the update.
NOTE: To manually check for updates, tap Settings > Phone update > Check for update.
- Once your device is eligible for update, a notification screen will be displayed. Tap Install to continue.
NOTE: Tap Postpone to delay your update. You will be notified again in about 2 days.
- Once your update is completed, a notification screen will be displayed. Tap Done.
How to verify the update
- From the Start screen, scroll to and tap Settings .
- Scroll to and tap About.
- Tap More info.
- The OS version and software versions will be displayed.
- OS version: 8.0.10501.127
- Firmware revision number: 3030.0.41201.502
- Radio software version: 1.19b.32.19.06_15.65b.32.19
- Update availability will be staggered at the beginning. If you have not received the update notification, please check again at a later date.
- Verify that your phone is connected to the desired Wi-Fi network.
- Turn Wi-Fi off, and then back on.
- Turn your phone off and back on.