Set up your device for the first time or after having done a factory reset.
1. To turn iPad on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo displays.
Note: Before setting up your device, make sure you have completed the online activation process. Please see Activate phone, SIM card, or other device for more information. Device Setup steps will vary slightly based on the options selected. If your device has already been set up and you'd like to start over, read the Apple support article How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups.
2. You'll see "Hello" in different languages. Slide the bottom bar up to begin.
Note: If you're blind or have low vision, you can turn on VoiceOver or Zoom from the Hello screen. To find your IMEI/MEID and ICCID, select Info icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Select your language.
4. Select your country or region.
Note: This affects how information will look on your device, including date, time, contacts, and more.
5. Review the Quick Start prompt. Select Set Up Manually to set up your iPad manually.
Note: Quick Start is a feature that allows you to transfer data and content from an old device to your new one during set up. On your old device select Continue > hold up your new iPad to the camera of the old iPad > enter the old device's passcode on your new device.
6. Select a Wi-Fi network to connect. Or if you're setting up iPad with active cell service, you can select Continue Without Wi-Fi.
Note: Get help activating AT&T cell service or if you can't connect to Wi-Fi. You will be prompted to review the Data & Privacy Prompt—select Learn More for more information. Select Continue when finished.
7. Review the Data & Privacy prompt then select Continue or Learn More.
8. Select Continue and follow the prompts to set up Face ID now or select Set Up Later to skip this step.
Note: You'll need a passcode for features like Face ID and Apple Pay.
9. Enter the desired Passcode then re-enter your passcode to confirm.
Note: To skip creating a passcode, select Passcode Options > Don't Use Passcode > Don't Use Passcode.
10. You can set up your device as new, restore it from an iCloud backup, restore from a Mac or PC or move data from Android. Select the desired option and follow the prompts.
Note: Get help from the Apple support article Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device.
11. Enter your Apple ID then select Next. Enter your password, then select Next again. If you don't have one, select Forgot password or don't have an Apple ID? and follow the prompts.
Note: For help, visit Apple ID Support.
12. Review the Terms and Conditions, then select Agree.
13. Review the Make This Your New iPad prompt then select Continue, or select Customize to follow the prompts to set up the app or feature as desired.
14. Review the Siri prompt, then select Continue or Set Up Later in Settings.
15. Select Get Started up to begin using your device.
Note: Make a safe copy of your data by backing up, and learn about more features in the user guide for your iPad. Learn more from the Apple support article Get started with iPad.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.