In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Activate FaceTime
• Make a FaceTime call using the Contacts app
• Make a FaceTime call using the FaceTime app
• Respond to an incoming FaceTime call
• FaceTime options
From the home screen, select the Settings app > scroll to and select FaceTime > select the FaceTime switch.
Note: FaceTime requires an applicable data plan and your call recipient must also have a FaceTime-activated iOS device. If you need additional help, view the Apple support article If you get an error when trying to activate FaceTime. With iPadOS 15, FaceTime now supports up to 32 people at one time.
Make a FaceTime call using the Contacts app
1. From the home screen, select the Contacts app.
2. Select the desired contact. To make a FaceTime video or audio call, select the video or phone icon next to FaceTime.
Make a FaceTime call using the FaceTime app
1. From the home screen, select the FaceTime app.
2. Select the desired contact from the call history or select the New FaceTime icon to create a new call and follow the prompts.
Respond to an incoming FaceTime call
Select the desired option:
• ACCEPT CALL
: Select Accept
.• DECLINE CALL WITH MESSAGE
: Select Message
then select the desired message
or select Custom...
to send a custom message. Note: If you need additional help, view the Apple support article If you can't make or receive FaceTime calls.
Select the screen, then select desired option:
: Select the Mute icon
• SWITCH CAMERAS
: Select the Flip icon
• END CALL
: Select the End icon
• ADD EFFECTS
: Select the Effects icon
• HIDE CAMERA
: Select Camera icon
• ENABLE/DISABLE SPEAKER
: Select Speaker icon
• ACCESS MORE OPTIONS
: Swipe up
from the menu
Select desired option:
• ADD PERSON TO CALL
: Select Add People
then follow the prompts.
• END CALL
: Select the end icon
: From the FaceTime app, swipe up
from the bottom of the screen
The call will appear in the upper right
corner of the screen.
• CHANGE SIZE: Drag two fingers from the middle of the screen toward the outer edges of the screen to make the window larger. Pinch two fingers from the outer edges of the screen to the middle of the screen to make the window smaller.
• SWITCH TO FULL SCREEN: Tap the screen.