Use one smartphone number across multiple devices to send and receive texts, make and receive calls, and more.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set up NumberSync
• Make and receive incoming calls
NumberSyncSM allows you to sync your iPhone mobile number with secondary device(s) such as an iPad, allowing you to make and receive calls from those devices using your iPhone mobile number even when your iPhone isn’t nearby or powered on.
Note: Make sure your iPhone and iPad are connected to Wi-Fi, are logged into iCloud and FaceTime with the same Apple ID, and the FaceTime Caller ID on the secondary device is set to your iPad phone number. To learn more, view About NumberSync.
1. From your iPhone home screen, select the Settings app > scroll to and select Phone > select Wi-Fi Calling > select the Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone switch to place it in the On position, then select Enable.
Note: If needed, follow the prompts to set up Wi-Fi calling. To learn more, view About Wi-Fi calling or visit www.att.com/wificalling.
2. Review the Wi-Fi Calling prompt, then scroll to and elect Continue.
3. Review the address listed. If the address is correct, select Verify address. If the address is incorrect, edit the address as needed then select Verify address.
Note: To update your address, from the Wi-Fi Calling screen, select Update Emergency Address.
4. From the Phone screen, select Calls on Other Devices then select the Allow Calls on Other Devices switch.
Note: From the Calls on Other Devices screen, select the switch next to the device(s) you wish to NumberSync. When prompted, select Yes on the device you wish to connect.
1. Incoming calls will now ring on your iPad and secondary device(s) at the same time.
Note: To turn NumberSync off, from your iPad select the Settings app > scroll to and select Facetime > select the Calls from iPhone switch. From your iPhone device select the Settings app > scroll to and select Phone > select Calls on Other Devices > Allow Calls on Other Devices switch.
2. To make calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, open the FaceTime app, then select the Add icon.
3. Enter the desired contact or phone number, then select Audio or Video.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.