In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set a security lock
• Change lock type
• Change lock screen timeout
• Lock and unlock device
Set a security lock
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar
, then select the Settings icon
2. Scroll to and select Lock screen
, then select Screen lock type
3. Select the desired screen lock type
and follow the prompts to complete set up.Note: For this demonstration the Fingerprints switch was selected. To use fingerprint, you will need to set a back up screen lock method. On the Galaxy XCover FieldPro, the fingerprint scanner is located on the back of the device. If you choose Pattern lock, you will have to factory reset your device if you forget your Pattern lock. Visit the Reset Device tutorial for alternate reset instructions.
4. Edit Lock screen notification settings as desired, then select DONE.
Change lock type
From the Lock screen screen, select Screen lock type > enter your current screen lock > select the new desired screen lock type and follow prompts to complete set up.
Change lock screen timeout
1. From the Lock screen screen, select Secure lock settings.
Note: If you have a screen lock set up, you will be prompted to enter your screen lock to continue. If you do not have a screen lock set up, you cannot change the lock screen timeout.
2. Select Lock automatically, then select the desired timer duration.
Lock and unlock device
• LOG IN USING THE SECURITY LOCK: From the Lock screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen then enter your current screen lock.
• LOCK DEVICE: Press the Power/Lock button located on the right side of the device.