Learn how to activate an AT&T PREPAID account on your device, online, or over the phone.
In this article, you will learn how to:
• Activate from your device
• Activate online
• Activate over the phone
1. Before activating your AT&T PREPAID account from your device, make sure it has been charged and that the AT&T PREPAID SIM card has been inserted. Once charged, turn the phone on by pressing and holding the Power/Lock button on the right side of the device.
Note: See the Phone Assembly tutorial for instructions on inserting a SIM card. If you do not have a AT&T PREPAID SIM card or already own a compatible phone and would like to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to AT&T PREPAID service, just purchase a AT&T PREPAID SIM Kit.
2. Select Activate Now.
Note: If this screen doesn't automatically appear within 45 seconds of turning the device on, please power cycle the device by turning it off and then on again.
3. Enter your 5 digit zip code, then select OK.
4. Select the desired rate plan.
Note: Rate plan offers are subject to change.
5. If the zip code and rate plan are correct, select Confirm.
Note: Select Change Zip Code and/or Change Plan if updates are needed.
6. You’ll receive a notification message with your new phone number and a temporary password (which is the last 4 digits of your phone number). Select OK. You will then receive a free, automated text message with a link to paygoline.com, your phone number, and the temporary password.
Note: You'll need to pay for your service within 26 days of activation. Otherwise your account will be cancelled and you'll lose your phone number. You can make a payment at paygoline.com, dial 611 from your AT&T PREPAID, or purchase AT&T PREPAID Refill Cards.
7. From the Chrome app, access paygoline.com. Enter your phone number and the temporary password provided, then select Sign in.
Note: To access the Chrome app, from the home screen select the Chrome app.
8. You will then receive a free, automated text message with an updated password.
9. Enter the updated password in the browser, then select Continue.
Note: Upon first access, you will be prompted to change the temporary password to one of your choosing and to update your customer information. Select Continue when complete.
10. Next you will be prompted to choose your online password. You online password is used online and for the myAT&T app. Your 4-digit PIN is used for calling 611.
11. Complete Personal Information. Select Submit.
12. Once logged in, scroll down and select Make a Payment. Follow the prompts to enter payment information.
Call us at 877.426.0525 for automated instructions. You will need to know your SIM card & IMEI number for activation.
Note: Activation will take around 10 minutes to complete. Your IMEI can be found on your phone by swiping down from the Notification bar with two fingers, then selecting the Settings icon > scroll to and select System > select About phone > scroll to view IMEI.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.