Control your device by making specific movements with your hand.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Open an app
• View or close a running app
• Zoom in or out
• Lock the screen orientation
• View notifications or widgets
• Move an app
• Add or remove a folder
• Reset home screen layout
1. Select an app to open it. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen.
2. Swipe left or right to see other home screens. The dots above the Dock show how many home screens you have, and which one you're viewing.
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen without removing your finger.
2. Swipe left or right to view open apps. To open an app, select the desired app.
3. To close an app, select and drag the desired app to the top of the screen.
With two fingers on the screen, move fingers apart to zoom in and pinch fingers together to zoom out.
Note: You can also double-select a photo to zoom in, and double-select again to zoom out.
To lock the screen in portrait orientation, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to open Control Center then select the Screen Orientation Lock icon.
To view recent Push Notifications, swipe down from the top of the screen. From the Notifications panel, swipe right to view your widgets.
Select and hold an app , then select Edit Home Screen. Select and drag the desired app to the desired location. When finished, select Done to save your arrangement.
Note: Alternately, you can select and hold an app until it shakes then select and drag the desired app to the desired location.
1. While rearranging apps, drag one app onto another to create a folder. To rename the folder, select the folder then select the X icon next to the folder name. Enter the desired folder name, then select done when finished.
2. To delete a folder, select and drag all apps out of the folder. The folder will be deleted automatically.
From the home screen select the Settings app > General > scroll to and select Transfer or Reset iPhone > select Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout > Reset Home Screen.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.