Learn how to secure your device through locking as well as how to request your device be unlocked from the AT&T Network.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set up a secure screen lock with a passcode
• Set up a secure screen lock with Face ID
• Erase data
• Adjust screen lock time
• Lock device
• Unlock device
• Set Lockdown Mode
1. From the home screen, select the Settings app.
Note: If you turn Passcode on, you’ll be asked to enter your passcode when you turn on or restart your device, unlock your device, update your software, or erase your device.
2. Scroll to and select Face ID & Passcode.
3. Scroll to and select Turn Passcode On.
Note: If passcode settings are unavailable, gray, or dimmed and you can't change these settings, it might be because you're using a configuration profile that requires a passcode. This is common with business or education devices. Contact your IT administrator for more information.
4. Enter your desired passcode, then re-enter your desired passcode to confirm.
Note: If prompted, enter your Apple ID password > select Sign in to confirm. To turn passcode off, from the Settings screen, scroll to and select Face ID & Passcode > enter your current passcode > scroll to and select Turn Passcode Off > select Turn Off > enter your current passcode again to confirm. To change your passcode, from the Face ID & Passcode screen select Change Passcode then follow the prompts. Learn more from the Apple support article If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.
1. To set up Face ID, from the Face ID & Passcode screen select Set Up Face ID and follow the prompts.
Note: To add an alternate appearance, select Set Up an Alternate Appearance and follow the prompts to complete setup.
2. From the Face ID & Passcode screen, select the switch next to the desired Face ID feature to turn it on or off.
3. To allow access to features when iPhone is locked, scroll down to ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED and select the switch next to the desired feature(s).
From the Face ID & Passcode screen, select the Erase Data switch. After ten failed passcode attempts, all settings will be reset, and all your information and media will be erased by removing the encryption key to the data.
Note: When prompted, select Enable to confirm.
From the home screen, select the Settings app > scroll to and select Display & Brightness > scroll to and select Auto-Lock > desired option. Select Back when finished.
Press the Side button to lock the device.
Press the Side button, then swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Enter your passcode to unlock the device.
Note: If using Face ID, hold the phone in front your face to unlock.
Lockdown Mode restricts apps, websites, and features for security in case of a cyberattack. From the Settings app, scroll to and select Privacy & Security then select Lockdown Mode > Turn On Lockdown Mode.
Notes: You will be prompted to select Turn On Lockdown Mode again to confirm.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.