Add and download email attachments, respond to an email and more.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access and view email
• View, save, or share an attachment
• Compose an email and add an attachment
• Schedule an email
• Reply, reply all, or forward an email
• Undo sending an email
• Mark, move, or archive an email
• Follow up an email
• Switch between email account inboxes
1. When a new email is received, a Notification badge appears on the Mail app .
2. To view new emails, select the Mail app on the home screen.
3. To view an email, select the desired email from the desired inbox.
4. To refresh the inbox, swipe down.
VIEW: Select the attachment to download the image or file.
SHARE OR SAVE: Select the desired attachment, then select the Share icon. Swipe to and select Save Image to save the image or select the desired sharing method, then follow the prompts.
Note: Alternately, select and hold the desired attachment then select Save Image or Share as desired. Attachments are saved according to their file type. To view saved photos and videos, from the home screen select the Photos app. To view saved PDF documents, from the home screen select the Books app. To view saved music, from the home screen select the Music app.
1. From your inbox, select the Compose icon.
2. Enter the desired recipient, subject, and message.
3. To add an attachment, select and hold the desired location in the text field then select the right arrow to scroll to and select Insert a Photo or Video. Follow the prompts, then select the Send icon when finished.
4. To format your email, select the Arrow icon above the keyboard > select the Text icon > format the email as desired.
iOS16 introduces the option to schedule sending an email. From the desired email draft, select and hold the Send icon then select Send Later... Edit the desired time and date, then select Done.
Select the Reply icon, then select the desired option.
iOS16 introduces the option to undo sending an email. After selecting the Send icon and returning to the email inbox, Undo send will appear at the bottom of the inbox for several seconds. Select Undo send. Edit the email as desired, then select the Send icon to send the updated email.
Note: Undo send is available for 10 seconds after sending.
From the desired inbox, select Edit. Select the desired message(s), then select the desired action.
iOS16 introduces the ability to follow up an email. After sending an email, the Mail app will automatically detect whether a question is present in the email. The email will appear at the top of your inbox with a prompt to FOLLOW UP. Select FOLLOW UP.
Select Follow Up... Enter the follow up message as desired, then select the Send icon.
If you are already in an inbox, select the Mailbox name in the upper left corner of the screen to get to the Mailboxes screen. Select the desired Inbox.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.