Take it with you.
on the go
The DIRECTV App gives you choice and flexibility to:
- Watch your favorite on-demand show or live TV—anytime, anywhere1
- Stream on up to 5 devices at once
- Choose from over 45,000* movies and shows
Download the DIRECTV App:
App Store | Google Play
*With qualifying package.
DIRECTV App & Mobile DVR: Available only in the US. (excl Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I.). Req’s compatible device. Live streaming channels based on your TV pkg & location. Not all channels available to stream out of home. To watch recorded shows on the go, must download to mobile device using Genie HD DVR model HR 44 or higher connected to home WiFi network. Rewind and fast-forward may not work. Limits: Mature, music, pay-per-view and some On Demand content is not available for downloading. 5 shows on 5 devices at once. All functions and programming subject to change at any time.
After downloading the app, tap the icon to open. Then sign in with your DIRECTV User ID and password.
Don’t have an account? Create on at directv.com/myaccount.
Start streaming! Watch your favorite shows and movies today.
Check out more apps
Frequently asked questions
- Which devices does the DIRECTV App support?DIRECTV customers can download the free DIRECTV® App onto these devices to watch their favorite entertainment:
1. iPhone® SE or later running iOS 11 or above
2. iPad® Air2 or later running iOS 11 or above
3. Any phone or tablet running Android® 6.0 API 23 software or above
- What devices are supported by the NFL SUNDAY TICKET app?Don’t miss any of the NFL Sunday action—even when you’re on the go.
NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscribers can download the free NFL SUNDAY TICKET app. Review our comprehensive list of supported mobile devices, gaming consoles and web browsers.
- How do I download a program to a mobile device with the DIRECTV App?To download a program to your mobile device with the DIRECTV App, your device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your HD DVR.
1. Open the DIRECTV App
2. Tap Watch on Phone/Tablet
3. Select Watch Your DVR
4. Tap On DVR which will display your DVR playlist
5. Select a program and Download. The program is then prepared on your HD DVR to view on your mobile device. (If “Auto Prepare” is enabled, this step is skipped)
A status bar displays download progress and changes to a play button once download is complete.