AT&T’s Annihilator Cup Returns on April 1
AT&T Annihilator Cup is Back
20 competitors will have the chance to claim their stake of a $350,000 prize pool and the prestigious title of the 2022 AT&T Annihilator Cup 2.0 winner! Fans will have access to a PC sweepstakes, loot drops and more!
What’s the news?
The wildly successful AT&T* Annihilator Cup is back, and even better, starting Friday, April 1! Cancel your plans on Friday, because you’re going to want to hang out with gaming personality and last year’s host Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez and your favorite streamers from across Twitch and YouTube to see who “annihilates the competition.” Any guesses? Will Jake'n'Bake keep his title as champion? Or will TimTheTatMan steal the glory? Five games over five weeks of competition livestreamed on the AT&T Twitch channel will crown this year’s champion, including a chance to win the lion’s share of a $350,000 prize pool.
Where can I tune in?
This year’s games will offer a diverse variety of genres and titles to showcase the best all-around gamer who can show off their skills and beat out their competition. Every Friday in April (April 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29) from 4-7pm ET, tune into the AT&T Twitch channel to watch 20 streamers competing across some of the hottest titles. If you aren’t able to catch the action live, you can view Video on demands (VODs) on the Twitch channel or see weekly highlights on AT&T Twitter.
- April 1: Apex Legends
- April 8: Dead by Daylight
- April 15: Street Fighter V
- April 22: Halo Infinite
- April 29: Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Who’s playing? This year’s competitors will compete across 20 streams, live on 21 channels, including AT&T’s Twitch channel which will house the main broadcast featuring: Mizkif, TimTheTatMan, Jake'n'Bake (2021 AT&T Annihilator Cup winner), Shroud, Lirik, Emiru and more – complete lineup right HERE
What’s new this year?
This year, we’re showcasing the future of livestreams by broadcasting from a stylized virtual set and giving fans more ways to connect more closely to the competition and competitors, courtesy of AT&T 5G and AT&T Fiber.
- AT&T 5G Speed Bonus - Once a competitor triggers the AT&T 5G Speed Bonus each week, the AT&T Annihilator Cup loot drop will be unlocked, providing fans the chance to win swag and prizes. A custom PC giveaway² will also run throughout the duration of the competition.
- AT&T 5G Weekly MVP – The AT&T 5G MVP returns. Each week we’ll name the top player of the week who will add an extra $5,000 to their winnings and be interviewed live to recap all the action.
- AT&T Fiber Fan Polls – Play along to fun trivia, polls, and questions throughout the broadcast.
- AT&T Fiber Instant Replay – We’re capturing the best plays from each match throughout the broadcast to ensure the fans get a glimpse at the most hype moments.
What are people saying?
“When we launched the inaugural AT&T Annihilator Cup last year, it was unprecedently successful with 7.4M unique streams across AT&T and competitor Twitch channels,” said Sabina Ahmed, assistant vice president of sponsorships & experiential AT&T. “We knew we had to bring it back this year, with the goal of continuing to connect the community together through meaningful experiences.”
Presented by AT&T Fiber and AT&T 5G, The Annihilator Cup 2.0, AT&T's first fully owned gaming tournament, is part of AT&T's continued commitment to power and empower the gaming and esports communities by providing products, services, and platforms they need to create meaningful connections and seamless experiences. Thanks to AT&T Fiber and AT&T 5G, it provides low latency and consistent speeds that gamers crave. Together, these networks deliver a seamless experience whether you're at home or on-the-go.