Transfer contacts, photos, and videos from your old phone to your new phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use AT&T Mobile Transfer if I am a new AT&T customer?
Yes, new customers can also take advantage of the Mobile Transfer app.
Note: Both the old phone and the new phone must be compatible to complete the transfer using the AT&T Mobile Transfer app. Check compatibility
Non-AT&T or Acquisition customers may also download the app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon Appstore, but cannot use the text option.
- How do I back up my contacts, pictures, music, and videos to transfer to a new phone?
Follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Check to see if both phones are compatible.
2. Text TRANSFER to 6565, or search the Amazon Appstore, Google Play, or the Apple App Store for "AT&T Mobile Transfer" from the old phone. If you text, you will receive a text message back with the link to download the Mobile Transfer app.
3. Follow steps 1–2 with your new phone, and then follow the prompts to complete the transfer of your contacts, pictures, music, and videos.
Note: If you have deactivated your old phone, you can still use AT&T Mobile Transfer. Connect the old phone to the Internet via Wi-Fi to download and install AT&T Mobile Transfer, and then follow the on-screen directions.
- What kind of data can be transferred using the AT&T Mobile Transfer app?
AT&T Mobile Transfer can be used to transfer your device contacts, photos, videos, music, call logs, SMS, MMS, and documents.
Note: Not all music and video formats are supported on all devices. Only DRM-free* music can be transferred. iPhone® video cannot be played by Android™ phones.
· iOS® allows the transfer of contacts, pictures, and video.
· Android allows the transfer of contacts, pictures, video, documents, music, and SMS, MMS, and call logs.
· Amazon Fire allows the transfer of contacts, pictures, video, documents, music, and SMS, MMS, and call logs.
*DRM: Digital Rights Management
- How do I transfer music from my old iPhone to a different smartphone?
To transfer your iPhone music to your new phone, just follow these steps:
1. Tether your non-iOS smartphone to your computer, where your music is accessible via iTunes.
2. Use Windows Explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac) to find your music files.
3. Drag and drop your selected music files onto your new smartphone.
- How do I transfer music from a different type of phone to my new iPhone?
To transfer your music to your new iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Start iTunes on your PC or Mac.
2. Tether your old smartphone to your computer.
3. Add your music to your iTunes library.
4. Sync your music library with your new phone.