Making telecommunications service more affordable.
AT&T Wisconsin is committed to helping qualified consumers pay for eligible telecommunications services by discounting their monthly service bill.
We offer two discounted telephone service plans to make basic phone service more affordable for qualified customers.
- Regular Lifeline Wisconsin – provides qualified customers with discounted phone service and the ability to add additional services and features.
- Enhanced Lifeline Wisconsin – offers a deeper discount to qualified Wisconsin customers who live on current or former reservation or tribal land.*
Customers qualifying for Lifeline discount on their AT&T Internet must be a current AT&T Internet customer on a plan with a speed of 12MB or greater at an eligible location. To check if you live at an eligible location, please call 1-888-256-5378. To sign up for AT&T Internet service, please call 1-800-288-2020.
To qualify, a household must participate in one of the following
|Eligibility||Regular Lifeline Wisconsin*||Enhanced Lifeline Wisconsin*||Internet Lifeline Wisconsin|
|Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps)||•||•||•|
|Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)||•||•|
|Federal Public Housing||•||•||•|
|Supplemental Security Income (SSI)||•||•||•|
|WI Homestead Property Tax Credit||•||•|
|Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)||•||•|
|Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit (Federal Benefits only)||•||•||•|
|National School Lunch Program (free lunch program)||•||•|
|Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Program||•||•|
|Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families||•||•|
|Head Start (Tribal only and must meet income qualifying standard)||•||•|
|Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)||•||•|
|Total household income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines (see application for details)||•||•||•|
|Benefits||Regular Lifeline Wisconsin*||Enhanced Lifeline Wisconsin*||Internet Lifeline Wisconsin|
|Monthly discount on basic service||Up to $18.50||Up to $34.25||$9.25|
|Waiver of deposit for local service**||•||•|
|Optional toll restriction at no charge**||•||•|
|Optional blocking of 900 / 976 numbers||•||•|
|Additional lines allowed*||•||•|
|Optional services available
(e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
|Optional blocking of pay-per-use
(e.g., 3-Way Calling, etc.)
Please note the following:
- Lifeline is a federal benefit;
- To qualify, you must receive benefits from an approved program or your income must be at or below the guidelines;
- You must provide certain eligibility documentation and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program;
- Only one wireline or wireless Lifeline benefit is available per household;
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses;
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers;
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission's rules and will result in the subscriber's de-enrollment from the program; and
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
Customers who received notification that they will no longer receive the Lifeline discount from AT&T effective March 31, 2017, can identify Lifeline providers by city/town here.
NOTE: This list identifies other Lifeline providers by city/town based on publicly available information. These providers are not affiliated with AT&T in any way and, accordingly, AT&T does not make any representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of such publicly available information or the services these providers may offer.
Download the Lifeline Wisconsin Application to apply for the discount on your home phone (275 KB in PDF format).
Download the Lifeline Broadband Wisconsin Application to apply for the discount on your Internet service (240 KB in PDF format).
Note: PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free.
Call 1-888-256-5378 to sign up for Lifeline Wisconsin today.
Weekdays, 7 am to 6 pm, Saturday, 7 am to 4 pm.
Es importante que usted entienda esta informacion. Si usted no lee el idioma ingles, por favor llame al 1-800-910-1030 para hablar directamente con un representante bilingue, o pida informacion a una de las organizaciones mencionada en este folleto.
* Lifeline Wisconsin plan benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's principal place of residence. Enhanced Lifeline Wisconsin offers a deeper discount to qualified Wisconsin customers who live on current or former reservation or tribal land, as defined in Title 47 – Code of Federal Regulations, Section 54.400 (e).
** Deposit waived on new local service only. If customer has outstanding toll debt, toll restriction required.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.