Making telecommunications service more affordable.
AT&T Ohio is committed to helping qualified consumers pay for eligible telecommunications services by discounting their monthly service bill.
The Lifeline Ohio plan offers a discounted telephone service plan to make basic phone service more affordable for qualified customers.
Customers qualifying for Lifeline discount on their AT&T Internet must be a current AT&T Internet customer on a plan with a speed of 12MB or greater at an eligible location. To check if you live at an eligible location, please call 1-888-256-5378. To sign up for AT&T Internet service, please call 1-800-288-2020.
To qualify, a household must participate in one of the following:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing
- Household income at or below 135% of the federal poverty level (see guidelines on Lifeline Ohio Application)
If qualified, Lifeline Ohio customers receive the following benefits:
- 100% discount on line connection after approval for Lifeline
- Waiver of deposit for local service
- Special payments arrangements on outstanding balances
- Monthly discount on basic service of over $9.25
- Optional toll restriction at no charge*
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Additional lines allowed**
- Blocking of pay-per-use (e.g., 3-Way Calling, etc.)
- Optional blocking of 900 / 976 numbers
* If customer has outstanding toll debt, toll restriction is required unless the customer gets assigned to another toll provider.
** Lifeline Ohio plan benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's principal place of residence.
Please note the following:
- Lifeline is a federal benefit;
- To qualify, you must receive benefits from an approved program or your income must be at or below the guidelines;
- You must provide certain eligibility documentation and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program;
- Only one wireline or wireless Lifeline benefit is available per household;
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses;
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers;
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission's rules and will result in the subscriber's de-enrollment from the program; and
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
Download the Lifeline Ohio Application to apply for the discount on your home phone (240KB in PDF format).
Download the Lifeline Broadband Ohio Application to apply for the discount on your Internet service (240KB in PDF format).
Note: PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free.
Call 1-888-256-5378 to sign up for Lifeline Ohio today.
Weekdays, 8 am to 7 pm, Saturday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Es importante que usted entienda esta informacion. Si usted no lee el idioma ingles, por favor llame al 1-800-910-1030 para hablar directamente con un representante bilingue, o pida informacion a una de las organizaciones mencionada en este folleto.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.