Making telecommunications service more affordable.
AT&T Texas is committed to helping qualified consumers pay for eligible telecommunications services by discounting their monthly service bill.
We offer two discounted telephone service plans to make basic phone service more affordable for qualified customers.
- Regular Lifeline Texas – provides qualified customers with discounted phone service and the ability to add additional services and features.
- Enhanced Lifeline Texas – offers a deeper discount to qualified Texas customers who are eligible residents of Tribal lands, as defined in Title 47 – Code of Federal Regulations, Section 54.400 (e).
Customers qualifying for Lifeline discount on their AT&T Internet must be a current AT&T Internet customer on a plan with a speed of 12MB or greater at an eligible location.
To qualify, a household must participate in one of the following
Eligible for Federal Lifeline Discount
Eligible for State Lifeline Discount
|Income at or below 150% of the federal poverty level||•|
|Income at or below 135% of the federal poverty level (must be at or below 135% to qualify for Internet)||•||•|
|Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)||•||•|
|Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) (not an eligible program for Internet discount)||•|
|Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit||•|
|Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) (not an eligible program for Internet discount)||•|
|Supplemental Security Income (SSI)||•||•|
|Federal Housing Assistance||•||•|
|Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIPS)||•||•|
|National School Lunch Program (free lunch program) (not an eligible program for Internet discount)||•|
|Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Program||•||•|
|Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families||•||•|
|Head Start (income-qualified customers only)||•||•|
|Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)||•||•|
|Monthly discount on basic service for regular Lifeline and up to $34.25 for federally recognized eligible residents of Tribal Lands|
|Waiver of deposit for local service|
|Optional toll restriction at no charge|
|Optional blocking of 900 / 976 numbers|
|Additional lines allowed|
|Optional services available
(e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
|Blocking of pay-per-use
(e.g., 3-Way Calling, etc.)
Please note the following:
- Lifeline is a federal and state benefit;
- To qualify, you must receive benefits from an approved program or your income must be at or below the guidelines;
- You must provide certain eligibility documentation and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program;
- Only one wireline or wireless Lifeline benefit is available per household;
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses;
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers;
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission's rules and will result in the subscriber's de-enrollment from the program; and
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
To get a Lifeline application, visit http://www.puc.state.tx.us/consumer/lowincome/Assistance.aspx or call the Texas Lifeline Program toll-free at 1-866-454-8387.
For more information, call 1-866-454-8387 to ask about Lifeline Texas today or dial 1-800-735-2989 for TTY/TDD with voice service on weekdays, 8 am to 7 pm, or Saturdays, 9 am to 6 pm.
Es importante que usted entienda esta informacion. Si usted no lee el idioma ingles, por favor llame al 1-800-559-0050 para hablar directamente con un representante bilingue, o pida informacion a una de las organizaciones mencionadas en este folleto.
Lifeline Texas plan benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's principal place of residence.
The Lifeline discount applies only to the residential basic exchange access line.
The discount does not apply to optional services, long distance, connection charges, or other miscellaneous charges.
The Lifeline discount is not available on a retroactive basis.
Only the State of Texas or its vendors can approve a customer's eligibility.
Terms and conditions are subject to change. Some service restrictions may apply.