Making telecommunications service more affordable.
AT&T Georgia is committed to helping qualified consumers pay for eligible telecommunications services by discounting their monthly service bill.
We offer a discounted telephone service plan, Regular Lifeline Georgia, that makes basic phone service more affordable for qualified customers. Lifeline Georgia provides qualified customers with discounted phone service and the ability to add additional services and features.
Customers qualifying for Lifeline discount on their AT&T Internet must be a current AT&T Internet customer on a plan with a speed of 12MB or greater at an eligible location. To check if you live at an eligible location, please call 1-855-301-0355. To sign up for AT&T Internet service, please call 1-800-288-2020.
To qualify for Lifeline Georgia, a household must participate in one of the following:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Household Income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines
If qualified, Lifeline Georgia customers receive the following benefits:
- Monthly discount on basic service of at least $9.25
- Waiver of deposit for local service1
- Optional toll restriction at no charge1
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers
- Additional lines allowed2
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Optional blocking of pay-per-use features
Please note the following:
- Lifeline is a federal benefit;
- To qualify, you must receive benefits from an approved program or your income must be at or below the guidelines;
- You must provide certain eligibility documentation and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program;
- Only one wireline or wireless Lifeline benefit is available per household;
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses;
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers;
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission's rules and will result in the subscriber's de-enrollment from the program; and
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
Download the Lifeline Georgia Application to apply for the discount on your home phone (240 KB in PDF format).
Download the Lifeline Broadband Georgia Application to apply for the discount on your Internet service (240 KB in PDF format).
Note: PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free.
Call 1-855-301-0355 to sign up for Lifeline Georgia today.
Weekdays 8 am to 7 pm, Saturday 8 am to 5 pm. (Eastern Time).
1 Deposit waived on new local service only. If customer has outstanding toll debt, toll restriction required.
2 Lifeline Georgia plan benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's principal place of residence.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.