To address the growing demand for advanced wireless data products and services, AT&T* today is announcing the grand opening of a new 4,700 square-foot retail store located at 3014 Bardstown Rd. in the Gardiner Lane Shopping Center.
The new store replaces the former AT&T retail store on Bardstown Rd. in the Highlands and is four times larger in size, offering shoppers an interactive shopping experience, along with a state-of-the-art, hands-on design to engage customers and provide a “try before buy” sales environment. Trained sales consultants can provide demonstrations of a wide range of third generation (3G) enabled wireless products and services. Shoppers can also test out the latest quick messaging devices, smartphones and netbooks and learn how to get the most out of social networking, managing photos or GPS navigation services on an AT&T device.
“The investment in this new store not only gives consumers convenient access to the latest in communications and entertainment services; it also helps drive economic growth,” said Mary Pat Regan, president, AT&T Kentucky. “At AT&T, our mission is to connect people to their world everywhere they live and work and do it better than anyone else, and we are excited to expand our retail presence in the Louisville community.”
Grand opening festivities kickoff with a ribbon cutting and open house on Friday, April 9 at 9 a.m. Local radio station WDJX 99.7 FM will be conducting a live remote Friday evening from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m., with an appearance by Buddy Bat from the Louisville Bats, along with free food, refreshments, face painting and tickets to attend a Louisville Bats game. On Saturday, April 10, local radio station WVEZ-FM 106.9 FM will conduct a live remote from 12 p.m. until 2 p.m. with a raffle to obtain tickets to attend Opening Day at Churchill Downs in a private suite on Saturday, April 24.
“AT&T’s investment in our community, demonstrated by opening a new retail store in Louisville, builds on our reputation as a strong region for business investment and encourages our existing base to expand their operations here,” said Councilman Tom Owen. “Our neighborhoods are made stronger and more attractive when we have up-to-date services close at hand. A new, convenient AT&T store is a valuable addition to our part of town.”
“We are focused on making our customers’ in-store experience exceptional, and that begins with a convenient store location, simplistic layout and knowledgeable staff,” said Jim Thorpe, vice president and general manager for AT&T’s wireless operations in Tennessee and Kentucky. “Customers can try out our newest line-up of quick messaging devices and smartphones when they visit this Bardstown Rd. location.”
The store offers a comprehensive portfolio of advanced wireless products and services, all of which customers can experience throughout the store. These include:
- AT&T @ Home. Customers can browse the Internet and customize homepage portals. Additionally, customers can see demonstrations of AT&T U-verse TV on two 52” High Definition plasma televisions.
- Smartphones & Messaging. The latest e-mail and quick messaging devices all under one roof. These socially supercharged smartphones are ideal devices for active consumers who like to stay connected whether using IM, text or email, sending multimedia messages, AT&T Video Share, or updating and connecting via their favorite social networks.
- What’s Hot. Customers can review the latest and greatest 3G wireless devices like the iPhone 3GS on the nation’s fastest 3G network that allow users to download music, stream video and surf the Web.
- Laptop Solutions. Mobile broadband-enabled netbooks. The brand new netbooks feature 10-inch screens, weigh less than 3 pounds and are ultra portable and operate on the nation’s fastest 3G network.
- Blackberry and More. Geared toward road warriors and small business owners, customers can test wireless phones, BlackBerry® devices, smartphones, GPS and Bluetooth® accessories using e-mail and Microsoft Corp. applications.
- Basics and GoPhone. For the avid texter, customers can browse the latest Quick Messaging Devices offered from AT&T while checking out GoPhone®, our popular prepaid service, and an assortment of wireless handsets.
- AT&T ConnecTech®. Includes nationwide next day in-home service and 24/7 remote support for netbook installation and setup, laptop performance optimization and diagnosis, peripheral device and wireless network installation, and/or a home network security audit. AT&T ConnecTech services are available for in-store purchase.
AT&T offers simple, competitively priced plans and a next-generation wireless network that provides the latest technology, including phones with greater functionality, a wide range of useful features, superior sound quality and high speed data connectivity.
The Bardstown Rd. store is led by store managers Jason Gabbard and assistant retail store managers J.P. Gillies, Evan Westphal, plus a staff of 14 employees who are trained to assist customers with purchasing decisions, customer service and technical support. Hours of operation are Monday thru Saturday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
AT&T recently unveiled its ongoing Kentucky wireless network investment plans for 2010, which include the addition of more than 40 new cell sites and the 3G upgrade of nearly 300 more cell sites. The planned wireless network enhancement strategy is part of our 2010 wireline and wireless capital investment, which is expected to be in the $18 billion to $19 billion range, an increase of between 5 and 10 percent over 2009. This plan includes an increase of about $2 billion in capital expenditures for wireless and backhaul related to our wireless network.
In 2009 we added 50 new cell sites in Kentucky and upgraded more than 80 existing sites to 3G. From 2007 through 2009, our total capital investment in our wireless and wireline networks was nearly $500 million in Kentucky. From 2007 through 2009, our wireless network investment in Kentucky was nearly $125 million. In addition, no one has fewer dropped calls in Louisville.
AT&T operates 30 AT&T-owned retail locations in Kentucky. Its products and services are also available at a number of other authorized dealers and national retail locations. For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.