AT&T* announced today that it was selected as having the “Best Mobile Coverage In The World” in the 2010 Best in Business Travel Awards, conducted by Business Traveler magazine. The annual survey gives readers the chance to voice their opinions in support of companies that have made their business travel even easier and more efficient. AT&T, for the fourth year in a row, has claimed the top spot among U.S. wireless providers.
"Business Traveler's readers are uniquely qualified to name AT&T "Best Mobile Coverage In The World," because their extensive, frequent travels take them to all corners of the world," said Eva Leonard, Business Traveler Editor-in-Chief. "Reliability of coverage for voice and data in as many countries as possible is of the utmost importance to the readers of Business Traveler, as is the ability to multi-task with their smartphones and to have options with their plans and packages. AT&T delivers superbly on all fronts."
“We are honored that, once again, Business Traveler readers have recognized AT&T as a carrier of choice, committed to delivering the best mobile coverage to our customers,” said Bill Hague, executive vice president, International, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “By offering more devices that work in more countries, combined with a leading global voice and data footprint, our customers can rely on AT&T to stay connected to what matters most while traveling abroad.”
AT&T delivers the following benefits to global travelers:
- More devices that work in more countries. AT&T operates a GSM/HSPA wireless network domestically, the worldwide standard for wireless, which makes it more convenient for customers to stay in touch with family, friends and business colleagues while abroad – all on the same device and wireless number used at home.
- True smartphone multi-tasking. AT&T customers can use both voice and data at the same time on mobile broadband – both in the United States and internationally.
- Leading global footprint. AT&T customers can make and receive calls in more than 220 countries and send e-mail and browse the Internet in more than 200 countries, including more than 130 countries with 3G coverage. AT&T also offers voice and data coverage on more than 135 major cruise ships.
- Leading portfolio of world devices. AT&T offers more quad-band world devices (that work on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz frequencies) than any other U.S. carrier. For use in Japan and Korea, customers can choose from a portfolio of devices that operate on 2100 MHz.
- International plans with more choice, more control. With the broadest array of data packages, AT&T provides discounted plans for international data, including session-based pricing for AT&T-certified laptops and netbooks. Customers can also choose voice and messaging packages that provide significant cost savings when traveling in more than 100 countries.
For more information about AT&T’s award-winning international coverage, visit www.att.com/global.