AT&T today announced that an updated version of its YPSM–Yellow Pages App is now available on the App Store. The update delivers a completely redesigned user experience that offers more ways for iPhone users to quickly find local businesses and great savings. In addition to encouraging users to cash in on local deals, AT&T's flagship local search app now greets users with a fresh look packed with new features that also support discovery and interaction with local businesses.
The YPSM brand offers a unique mobile experience built from the ground up to help users quickly find more of what they are really looking for - whether it's local businesses, events or ways to save money. AT&T's relationships with thousands of advertisers and leading coupon providers amplify the opportunity to offer access to a wide range of local deals everyday and with no upfront purchase or additional steps.
The next-gen YP app experience offers iPhone users:
- Convenient "Deals" section to browse nearby coupons, specials, and discounts across a variety of categories that can be redeemed on the spot or tucked away for later.
- Location-aware homescreen that displays local weather and can be personalized to show nearby deals, local events, and shortcuts to favorite searches.
- Ability to save deals, favorite businesses, and events to "My Stuff" for easy access.
- Enhanced features including location detection that automatically pinpoints a users' location down to the street address, making it easier to quickly find things nearby.
- Swipe listings for a quick access menu to quickly call, see a map or get directions to a business nearby.
New features complement popular YP app functionality including:
- Quickly search comprehensive information for over 18M U.S. businesses by typing, speaking, or browsing popular categories.
- Thousands of ratings and reviews by locals and the ability to post your own review on the spot.
- Access to thousands of video profiles that bring users "face-to-face" with local businesses.
- Numerous ways to share businesses with friends including via text, email, Twitter and Facebook.
- Seasonal "discovery modules" that provide timely suggestions for exploring nearby places to eat, drink, play and shop.
"The new YP App is designed to meet the needs of users who live a mobile lifestyle — by making it easier and quicker to navigate their daily lives," said David Williams, VP of Mobile Products at AT&T Interactive. "Developed with iPhone users in mind, the app is super intuitive, quickly helps users find nearby stores, well-reviewed restaurants or entertainment options and delivers coupons and discounts straight to their fingertips."
The YP–Yellow Pages App is available for free from the App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
For more information on YP apps visit www.yp.com/products, YP on Facebook or YP on Twitter.