Less than three months after the devastating storms that struck Joplin, AT&T* today announced the reopening of a retail store designed to help customers with an interactive and informative shopping experience.
The nearly 5,000-square-foot store is located at 2336 South Range Line Road and replaces the store at 1702 Range Line Road that was demolished on May 22. Since that time, AT&T has served customers from several temporary locations, including a trailer at 7th & Range Line Road and 4001 South Richard Joseph Boulevard, which are now closed.
The new store features a hands-on design to engage customers and provide a “try before you buy” service experience. At the store, trained sales consultants provide demonstrations of products at AT&T Customer Experience stations, including:
- Smartphones. Compare the latest and greatest wireless devices using a variety of operating systems that allow users to download applications, music, stream video, surf the Web and even locate your family pet.
- Interactive Devices. Browse the Internet, and interact with tablets, netbooks and other emerging devices.
- Direct TV. View AT&T | Direct TV service demonstrations, test-drive Web-based and wireless remote access features, High Definition (HD) programming and browse an extensive Video On Demand catalogue.
- Messaging. Demo wireless devices, GPS and wireless accessories by using e-mail and more.
- GoPhone. Try out GoPhone®, our popular prepaid service, and an assortment of accessories.
- Basics. Find a no-frills wireless device with basic functionality here.
“It would be hard to overstate the vital role that wireless technology plays in our lives and the value of being connected,” said Nancy Garvey, AT&T’s vice president and general manager of the Greater Midwest Region. “The spirit of Joplin is strong and we are thankful to be part of this community. We are proud to offer wireless products and services that keep our customers connected at work, home and on the go.”
“The character of our community is such that we won’t just replace what we lost in the tornado, but we will rebuild to make Joplin stronger for the future,” said Rob O’Brian, president of the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce. “AT&T has proven their commitment to our ideals by investing in our community and on behalf of the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce, I want to thank AT&T for sticking by us. I’d also like to thank our state and local elected officials for creating the pro-business environment to help AT&T get back up and running as quickly as they did.”
Additional Store Information
The Joplin store is led by store manager Chip Johnson and staff trained to assist customers with purchasing decisions, customer service and technical support. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
AT&T operates more than 40 AT&T-owned retail locations in Missouri and more than 2,200 company-owned stores nationwide. Its products and services are also available at a number of other authorized dealers and national retail locations. For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit http://www.att.com/.