4G LTE From AT&T Available in Tampa-St. Petersburg Area
Customers to benefit from ultra-fast mobile broadband on new LTE compatible devices
Tampa, Florida, February 15, 2012
AT&T* has turned on its 4G LTE network in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco counties, bringing customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. AT&T 4G LTE provides several benefits, including:
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering mobile broadband speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
“We continue to see demand for mobile broadband skyrocket, and our 4G LTE network in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area responds to what customers want from their mobile experience — more, faster, on the best devices,” said Rich Guidotti, vice president and general manager, AT&T Mobility & Consumer Markets for West, Central and North Florida.
AT&T 4G LTE Devices
AT&T offers several 4G LTE-compatible devices, including:
- Samsung Galaxy Note™
- HTC Vivid™
- Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
- LG Nitro HD
- Pantech Burst™
- HTC Jetstream™ tablet
- Samsung Galaxy™ Tab 8.9
- Pantech Element™ tablet
- AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T’s 4G LTE Network
AT&T will continue to expand its 4G LTE footprint in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area over the coming months. AT&T has launched 4G LTE in 28 markets nationwide.
Even as AT&T 4G LTE expands, customers will be able to enjoy more consistent 4G speeds on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas. Not only is AT&T deploying 4G LTE, it has also deployed fast HSPA+ technology throughout its mobile broadband network. HSPA+, when combined with enhanced backhaul, provides customers with 4G speeds. Customers of competitors who have transitioned to LTE without further speed upgrades to their existing networks are likely to see a jarring drop-off in speeds when they move out of LTE areas.