AT&T Announces its First Prepaid Side Slider Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy Appeal(TM)
AT&T GoPhone® Helps Customers Keep Costs Under Control While Still Enjoying Benefits of Smartphone Ownership
Dallas, Texas, May 23, 2012
Beginning June 5, AT&T* GoPhone customers looking for a prepaid Android smartphone will have another option with the Samsung Galaxy Appeal™, available at Walmart. The Galaxy Appeal will also be available in all other AT&T GoPhone distribution channels beginning July 15th.
The Galaxy Appeal is the first smartphone offered with AT&T’s GoPhone service that features a slider QWERTY keyboard that makes it perfect for texting and emailing. It operates on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and features a 3.2-inch touchscreen. The 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with 3x zoom lets you capture important moments and allows for video recording at 24 frames per second. Additionally, Galaxy Appeal’s plastic parts are made of 80-percent recycled material and the phone ships with reduced packaging material compared to other Samsung devices, cutting back on paper usage.
Customers who want to get the most out of their smartphones while still keeping their budget in check can benefit from AT&T’s new GoPhone smartphone plans and data packages. The Galaxy Appeal brings together the convenience of full-keyboard texting and the rich Android experience and apps with AT&T’s affordable data plans:
- 1GB for $25 per month
- 200MB for $15 per month
- 50MB for $5 per month
All data packages are available on the $50 Unlimited Talk & Text nationwide plan for GoPhone smartphones and the $25 Unlimited Text with 250 minutes nationwide GoPhone plan. They also include unlimited Wi-Fi usage at thousands of AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots from your smartphone.
- GSM Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- UMTS Tri-band: 850/1900/2100MHz
- Dimensions: 4.41” (H) x 2.27” (W) x 0.56” (D)
- Weight: 4.3 oz
- Display: 3.2” HVGA TFT 480x320 color screen
- Internal memory: 512MB RAM, 1.8GB ROM
- External memory: Expandable up to 32GB with microSD™ card
- Battery: 1300 mAh, Lithium ion (Li-ION)
- Processor: 800MHz ARM Cortex A5, Qualcomm MSM7225A
- Camera: 3MP w 3x Zoom and Video Recorder
- Talk time: up to 7 hours
- Standby time: up to 300 hours
- HAC Compliant: M3 Rating, TTY Capable