AT&T U-verse Brings Customers NBCUniversal's Coverage of 2012 London Summer Olympic Games July 25 - August 12
AT&T U-verse Customers Gain Access to Unprecedented Live Coverage on Multiple Platforms
Dallas, Texas, July 23, 2012
AT&T* U-verse®, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games to commence on Wednesday, July 25 through Sunday, August 12. Designed to provide AT&T U-verse customers with access to more than 5,535 hours of NBCUniversal’s coverage of unprecedented Olympic programming, this offering represents the largest number of total Olympics hours ever. AT&T U-verse will offer NBCUniversal’s Olympic content live and on-demand and across multiple digital, mobile and tablet platforms, and for the first time ever, 242 hours of the Games will be available in 3D.
“The Olympic Games is always a must-see event, and we’re excited to bring NBCUniversal’s coverage of the 2012 London Olympic Games to multiple screens,” said Jeff Weber, President of Content and Advertising Sales, AT&T Home Solutions. “We’re thrilled to deliver NBCUniversal’s around-the-clock Games content to U-verse customers virtually whenever and wherever they want to watch.”
In addition to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, and two HD specialty channels, subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.
As part of a U-verse customer’s video subscription, which includes all Olympic television content, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic content to subscribers live and on-demand, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming extends AT&T U-verse customers’ opportunities to watch the Games on the go.
Following are multiplatform offerings that will allow U-verse customers to watch and be a part of the London 2012 Olympic Games, including live streaming, VOD, mobile and tablet apps, a 3D channel and an interactive TV app.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on AT&T U-verse Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes CNBC and MSNBC and who sign-in. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that U-verse customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. U-verse TV customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the “Click here & Get Ready” button
- Select AT&T UVerse as your telco provider
- Enter your AT&T U-verse username and password that corresponds with your account
- You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified U-verse customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. U-verse customers can verify their mobile and tablet devices when the NBC Olympics Live Extra App launches. The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via the U-verse Movies service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.
Pre-Games: Viewers can access more than 120, 4-8 minute clips available in SD and HD.
In Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.
- Interactive TV: U-verse customers will have access to an on-screen interactive application with NBCUniversal’s real-time medal counts, athlete bios, team USA reports, Olympic news and more. Customers will also be able to watch up to six different NBCUniversal channels featuring Olympic Games content on their TV screen. The interactive TV experience is available to U-verse customers during Olympic programming on the networks of NBCUniversal on channel 94 or click “Go Interactive” on the remote control.
- 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to U-verse TV customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.
- Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels are available to U-verse TV customers on channels 1637 and 1638, and will total 770 hours of NBC’s HD coverage.
And exclusively on U-verse TV, customers will have access to the original series “Behind the Dream,” which gives customers a closer look at the United States swim and gymnastics teams’ journey to London, features and highlights from the Paralympics, athlete interviews and other exciting content. AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy all these features at no additional charge.
The 2012 London Olympic Summer Games will run throughout 19 unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion and riveting moment. For more information, visit www.NBCOlympics.com, att.com/uverse or uverse.com.