AT&T Opens Flagship Retail Store on Chicago's Famed Magnificent Mile
10,000 Square-Foot Space Showcases What Consumers Can Do With AT&T Products, Innovations and Wireless Technology
Chicago, Illinois, August 30, 2012
AT&T* is the most recent brand to move in at Chicago’s renowned Magnificent Mile, opening a 10,000 square-foot flagship store on Sept. 1. The store brings to life AT&T’s advertising campaign line: “It’s what you do with what we do.”
“Our Michigan Avenue store is where customers can immerse themselves in everything AT&T is about and truly explore the technology we have to offer,” said Paul Roth, president of AT&T retail sales and service. “AT&T is about delivering innovation that makes a difference in our customers’ daily lives. All of that will be ready for customers to experience at our flagship store.”
In addition to products and services also found at AT&T’s more than 2,300 retail stores nationwide, the Michigan Avenue store offers customers a glimpse of the future, including AT&T’s first retail demos of the new AT&T Digital Life home security and automation services and of a connected car that shows how wireless technology can aid driving. Shoppers will also find exclusive accessories by Chicago-area artists and other products unique to the Windy City. With more than 100 digital screens throughout the space, every aspect of the store is designed to educate customers about future wireless technologies and services.
“Customers will not only be able to interact with and purchase our products, but they will also experience the forefront of evolving wireless technology and see how AT&T is leading it,” said Roth. “Customers can touch, feel and see how our latest devices and apps will fit their lifestyles, whether they’re interested in fitness or music, entertainment or family. You won’t find another store like this anywhere else in the country.”
Watch here for a tour of unique areas of the store where customers can:
- Play and learn about apps that interest them in the Explorer Lounge. At the Apps Bar, “app-tenders” serve up one-on-one and group demos, which are also displayed on multiple video monitors on the Apps Wall. An 18-foot high Connect Wall shows interactive content and product information, visible to the entire store and passers-by.
- See products, apps and accessories organized and showcased based on their needs in the Lifestyle Boutiques, including Get Fit, Be Productive, Share Your Life and Chicagoland. Chicagoland includes local apps and Chicago-themed accessories exclusive to the AT&T Michigan Avenue store.
- Use and interact with AT&T products for home security and automation, entertainment, music and automobiles at the Experience Platform. Customers can see how AT&T Digital Life services can enable them to control their home using AT&T wireless devices with a demo in the Family Life area. The Street Smart area features a 2012 Nissan Leaf and shows the future of automotive connectivity, safety and efficiency.
- View artwork from two artists with Chicago ties, Cody Hudson and Dalek, in The Gallery. One-of-a-kind smartphone cases with their designs are available exclusively at the AT&T Michigan Avenue store.
- Check out the latest smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices in the product runway.
- Discuss new purchases or resolve questions with AT&T store representatives in quiet and comfortable consultation areas.
“Every aspect and every innovation of our Michigan Avenue store has been designed with the customer experience in mind,” said Roth. “From the design and layout of the store, to the way we display products and services, to the in-store technology and our brand ambassadors, everything is an extension of our goal to be the nation’s premier retailer and our brand mission to make people’s lives better.”
AT&T’s Michigan Avenue store has been designed and built with sustainable materials and practices. The store has reduced energy consumption and water usage significantly by using efficient lighting, ENERGY STAR appliances and temperature controls, and teak wood used in the store is reclaimed. Customers will also be able to learn about the environmental attributes of AT&T-branded postpaid handset devices through a simple, easy-to-read-and-understand label as part of AT&T’s recently announced eco ratings.
The store is located at 600 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, 60611. Store hours are Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Central time and Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Central time.
“The Magnificent Mile is a unique shopping experience and so is this store,” said AT&T North Central Region President Kent Mathy. “We have put the very best our brand has to offer our customers on display at this store, and we invite everyone to come and explore all the ways AT&T can improve their lives.”