AT&T Digital Life Launches in Seven Additional U.S. Markets
AT&T Digital Life Gives Consumers Control to Secure and Manage their Homes from Virtually Anywhere.
Dallas, Texas, May 20, 2013
AT&T* today announced it will launch Digital Life in more markets: Baltimore, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Sacramento and Washington, D.C. AT&T Digital LifeSM makes customers’ lives easier by simplifying the management of their home. Digital Life offers security, convenience and peace of mind, in a customizable and easy-to-use experience from smartphones, tablets or PCs.
Beginning Friday, May 24, customers in these new markets can receive a live demo and purchase AT&T Digital Life in company owned retail stores in the seven new markets. In April, AT&T announced Digital Life was available for the first time in 15 major markets and plans to introduce Digital Life in up to 50 markets by the end of 2013.
With Digital Life, customers can use their existing home broadband provider, and any wireless phone service, and enjoy the security and convenience of a home management system with the flexibility to meet their unique needs.
- Actively Protected & In Control: The foundation of Digital Life is complete home security with 24/7 professional monitoring. Know what is happening at home, or where an event has occurred. Through AT&T-owned and operated, U.S.-based monitoring centers, professionals will respond to emergencies and alert police and fire authorities.
- Seamlessly Connected: Digital Life is an all-digital, fully integrated, wireless home management system, giving customers flexibility to manage their home from their smartphone, tablet or PC. Our takeover module let’s you easily extend your existing security system and investment. The Digital Life application is available on most web browsers. Apps are available for iOS, Android smartphones and Windows Phones. To ensure customers’ privacy is protected, Digital Life has a secure log in system each time the app is opened from any Internet-connected device.
- Amazingly Simple & Intuitive: A user-friendly application was designed to be as simple as possible, making it easier than ever to manage your home. The Digital Life application gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more by setting alerts or programs to manage your home. It’s all integrated into one simple system.
- Personalized & Flexible: Digital Life provides total flexibility so you can personalize your home to adapt to everyday life – with custom notifications and scheduled tasks. Add devices and solutions anytime, as your needs grow, or your lifestyle changes.
“Digital Life offers our customers a single integrated solution built around their needs, making security and home management easier than ever,” said Kevin Petersen, president, Digital Life, Inc. “With the rollout in seven new markets, we’re looking forward to making the security and convenience of Digital Life available to more customers throughout the country.”
Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is our basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation.
- Simple Security - Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment and installation.
- Smart Security - Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment and installation.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package - View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Energy Package - Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Door Package - Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Detection Package - Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Control Package - Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
Experience Digital Life
Digital Life offers a simple purchasing process with several options. Digital Life will be sold and demonstrated in nearly 600 company owned retail stores in 22 markets. You can also learn and buy at att.com/digitallife, call 855-288-2727 or schedule an appointment with an in-home sales consultant.
To learn more about Digital Life availability, visit www.att.com/digitallife.