AT&T Digital Life, New Home Security and Automation Service Launches Today in Richmond | AT&T
AT&T Digital Life Gives Consumers Control to Secure and Manage their Homes from Virtually Anywhere.
Dallas, Texas, October 25, 2013
AT&T* today announced that it is launching Digital Life in Richmond along with six other markets: Birmingham, Las Vegas, Louisville, Nashville, Raleigh, and Tucson. AT&T Digital Life ® makes customers’ lives easier by simplifying the management of their home. Digital Life offers security, convenience and peace of mind, in a customizable and easy-to-use experience from smartphones, tablets or PCs.
Beginning Friday, customers in these seven new markets can receive a live demo and purchase Digital Life in company owned retail stores. Including the new markets launching on Friday, Digital Life has exceeded its goal of 50 markets by the end of 2013, and will be available in 52 markets.
With Digital Life, customers can use their existing home broadband provider, and any wireless phone service, and enjoy the security and convenience of a home management system with the flexibility to meet their unique needs.
- Actively Protected & In Control: The foundation of Digital Life is complete home security with 24/7 professional monitoring that allows you to know what is happening at home, or where an event has occurred. Through AT&T-owned and operated, U.S.-based monitoring centers, professionals will respond to emergencies and alert police and fire authorities.
- Seamlessly Connected: Digital Life is an all-digital, fully integrated, wireless home management system, giving customers flexibility to manage their home from their smartphone, tablet or PC. Our takeover module lets you easily extend your existing security system and investment. The Digital Life application is available on most web browsers. Apps are available for iOS, as well as Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phones. To ensure customers’ privacy is protected, Digital Life has a secure log in system each time the app is opened from any Internet-connected device.
- Amazingly Simple & Intuitive: A user-friendly application was designed to be as simple as possible, making it easier than ever to manage your home. The Digital Life application gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more by setting alerts or programs to manage your home. It’s all integrated into one simple system.
- Personalized & Flexible: Digital Life provides total flexibility so you can personalize your home to adapt to everyday life – with custom notifications and scheduled tasks. Add devices and solutions anytime, as your needs grow, or your lifestyle changes.
“Digital Life is committed to offering our customers an easy and convenient way to secure their homes, protect their families and simplify their lives from virtually anywhere,” said Chris Sambar, Vice President and General Manager for AT&T in Virginia and West Virginia. “With the launch of these seven new markets, we’re looking forward to making Digital Life available to more customers throughout the country.”
Digital Life recently achieved the “CSAA Five Diamond Certification,” testifying that 100 percent of Digital Life central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers. This area of communications is an important link between the residential or business properties and the law enforcement, fire and emergency services in local areas.
In addition, the Digital Life team has invested significant time and resources to achieve 100 percent quality operator training. Across the industry, there are approximately 2,700 companies or central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with law enforcement and fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than one hundred fifty central stations have achieved the “CSAA Five Diamond Certified” status.
Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is our basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation. For a limited time, customers who sign up for AT&T Digital Life will receive $100 instant savings on Digital Life equipment at the time of purchase. *2 year Smart Security agreement required.
- Simple Security: Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment.
- Smart Security: Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package: View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.
- Energy Package: Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Door Package: Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Detection Package: Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Control Package: Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.
Experience Digital Life
Digital Life offers a simple purchasing process with several options. Digital Life will be sold and demonstrated in nearly 1,256 company owned retail stores in 52 markets. You can also learn and buy at att.com/digitallife, call 855-288-2727 or schedule an appointment with an in-home sales consultant.
To learn more about Digital Life availability, visit www.att.com/digitallife.