AT&T Offers Billing Relief for Customers Calling and Texting Family, Friends in the Philippines
Announces $25,000 Donation to AmeriCares to Support Relief Efforts in the Philippines
Dallas, Texas, November 12, 2013
AT&T* is implementing international calling and texting relief efforts for U.S. residential wireless and wireline customers trying to connect with loved ones in the Philippines, following the recent devastating typhoon.
Effective November 8, and continuing through November 30, AT&T wireless postpaid customers will not be charged for:
- International long distance usage for calls placed from an AT&T wireless number in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and U.S.V.I. to the Philippines.
- Text messages to the Philippines, originated from an AT&T wireless number in the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I.
For any of the above activity, customers will see no charges reflected on their monthly statement for the period November 8 through November 30, 2013.
For AT&T wireline and U-verse Voice customers, we are also waiving charges up to 60 minutes for direct dial calling to the Philippines, effective November 8 through November 30. Customers will either see no charges for these calls reflected on their monthly statement, or they will receive a credit in a later statement.
“We want to help our customers connect with loved ones in the Philippines in any way we can,” said Mark Collins, senior vice president, Data and Voice Products, AT&T Mobility. “Connecting with family and friends is most important at times like this and we want to make it as easy and worry free as possible for our customers.”
AT&T is also making a $25,000 contribution to AmeriCares, an organization that has been providing medical and humanitarian aid to the Philippines for nearly 30 years and is well positioned to respond to this recent tragedy. Their Emergency Response Team is in the Philippines and working with its partner organizations to oversee the distribution of medicines and supplies that can help treat 20,000 people.
AT&T wireless customers can text “AID” to the short codes listed below to give a $10 donation to help with disaster support efforts in the area. No text message fees apply.
- Text AID to 50555 to give a $10 donation to Operation USA
- Text AID to 80077 to give $10 to HOPE Worldwide
- Text AID to 27722 to give $10 to World Food Program USA
- Text AID to 80108 to give $10 The mGive Foundation Philippines Typhoon Relief Fund (U.S .State Dept Campaign)