AT&T 4G LTE Available in Amsterdam
As Part of AT&T's Project VIP Investment, Customers to Benefit From Nation's Fastest and Most Reliable 4G LTE Network on the Latest Devices
Amsterdam, New York, November 26, 2013
New LTE coverage includes Amsterdam, Church Corners, Cranesville, Fort Johnson, Hagaman, Harrower, Kellogg Reservoir, Manny Corners, and Tribes Hill. The network was also extended along the New York State Thruway at Exit 27, and on Routes 5, 5S, 30 and 67.
This is in addition to the AT&T 4G LTE network already available in areas of Binghamton, Buffalo, Jamestown, Batavia, Rochester, Syracuse, Auburn, Seneca Falls, Cortland, Ithaca, Saratoga Springs, Albany and Watertown and is part of AT&T’s ongoing rollout across New York.
Watch here to see several of the benefits AT&T 4G LTE provides, including:
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering mobile Internet speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G***. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Reliability. AT&T not only has the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network, but now also has the most reliable 4G LTE network. Based on our analysis of Nielsen data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
“We’ve seen positive response from customers on our 4G LTE launch, and as today’s expansion to Amsterdam shows we’re continuing our rollout of fast 4G LTE speeds to more areas of New York,” said Marissa Shorenstein, New York President, AT&T.
AT&T’s 4G Network
This launch is part of AT&T’s Project Velocity IP (VIP), a three-year investment plan announced last fall to expand and enhance its IP broadband networks. Through this investment, AT&T is supporting its customers’ growing desire for high-speed Internet access and new mobile, app and cloud-based services. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to add more than 10,000 macro cell sites nationwide by year-end 2015, as well as deploy more than 40,000 small cells and add more than 1,000 Distributed Antenna Systems to increase the density of its wireless network.
AT&T’s innovation and investment has resulted in a nationwide 4G network with ultra-fast speeds and a consistent user experience. The great performance of AT&T’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- Our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive’s most recent 20-market speed tests — the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked first overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T’s as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested.****
- And AT&T was named America’s fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine’s 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study — and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest.*****
AT&T’s focus to deliver the best possible mobile Internet experience goes beyond 4G to embrace additional connection technologies. AT&T operates the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network****** including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots at popular restaurants, hotels, bookstores and retailers, and provides access to more than 461,000 hotspots globally through roaming agreements. Most AT&T smartphone customers get access to our entire national Wi-Fi network at no additional cost, and Wi-Fi usage doesn’t count against customers’ monthly wireless data plans.
AT&T also is a leading developer of Distributed Antenna Systems, which utilize multiple small antennas to maximize coverage and speed within stadiums, convention centers, office buildings, hotels and other areas where traditional coverage methods are challenging.
Over the past six years (2007-2012), AT&T invested more than $116 billion into its wireless and wireline networks across the country. Since 2007, AT&T has invested more capital into the U.S. economy than any other public company. In a September 2013 report, the Progressive Policy Institute ranked AT&T No. 1 on its list of U.S. “Investment Heroes.”