- Transfer your contacts, photos, and videos from your old device to your new device.
- If you have an old SIM card, keep it until you’ve completed all activation steps for your new SIM card.
Detach and insert the SIM card
● The universal SIM card kit includes 3 SIM card sizes—standard, micro, and nano. Determine which size fits your device.
● Use your thumb to detach the correct SIM card along its outside perforated lines. Be careful to keep the card whole. For example, you’ll only pop out the nano SIM card if you need the nano SIM for your device.
● Insert the SIM card into your device’s SIM slot.
● Continue to the next section to complete your activation.
Now you're ready to activate your phone
1. Start with your new device powered off.
2. Choose from the following options:
If you're a new customer and not transferring your number from another provider, skip to Step 3.
If you're transferring your number from another provider, or activating a new or replacement device, please go to the AT&T Phone Activation site.
3. Insert your new SIM into your device.
4. Turn on your phone and make a test call or try connecting to the Internet or using your email.
5. Set up voicemail.
Go to Set up Visual Voicemail to create a voicemail password and greeting.
If you've recently changed your device or SIM card, you may need your existing voicemail password to set up voicemail on your new device. Forgot your password? Go to Reset voicemail password page.
6. Go to Device Support to learn how to use and troubleshoot your device:
● Set up your email.
● Get help with common issues like blocking unwanted calls or accessing the Internet.
● Manage settings for data usage, Wi-Fi, and Hotspots.