When and what information is collected?
We collect information from:
- Use of the Device. This includes information like:
- Search queries (such as what you click on or search for, and voice commands or other inputs when navigating within the Device);
- What apps you use and download to the Device, how and when you use them;
- Device location, such as from IP address or Wi-Fi (“Your Device Location Information”);
- Unique identifiers, such as the serial number of the Device; and
- How you connect to the internet, such as the Wi-Fi connection you use.
- Third parties. This includes information like demographic data and data from other available sources.
How might we use your information?
- We may use the information, including Device Location, collected through use of the Device to: deliver and improve the service; tailor your experience, including things like making recommendations; conduct analytics; prevent fraud; and help us and third parties serve you with advertisements or marketing materials in and outside the Device and assess the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Without Your Device Location Information we may not be able to provide access to certain services and features like regional sports programming or local weather.
- We may combine and use data, including Your Device Location Information collected from the Device, with other data as described in this Policy.
Do we share your information and, if so, with whom?
- We may share information collected through the Device as described in this Policy with:
- Other companies within the AT&T family of companies, including any of our affiliates (including those that may not share the DIRECTV or AT&T brands such as Xandr and the WarnerMedia family of companies);
- Vendors who perform services like: help fulfill marketing offers; provide or improve service; conduct analytics; and serve you with advertisements or marketing materials in and outside the Device and assess the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns;
- Programmers and networks who provide the programming that you watch through the Device; and
- Third parties for their advertising or marketing uses (including how you use the Device and Your Device Location Information). These third parties may also share information collected from the Device with other third parties for their own advertising or marketing use. This information may include what apps are accessed; general interests (for example a sports lover); specific interests (for example a basketball fan of a specific team); and other information collected about you including Your Device Location Information as described in this Policy. When we share data with third parties, we use identifiers such as device or operating system identifiers. This could include but is not limited to your Android advertising ID.
- When we say “third parties” with whom we share data, we mean parties such as advertisers, programmers and networks, social media networks, analytics firms (companies that measure and analyze consumer behavior), ad networks (companies that deliver and track ads for advertisers across numerous websites, applications and devices), and other similar companies that are involved in creating and delivering advertisements.
- Your information may be used in or shared to compile aggregate reports that won’t identify you personally, such as a report on how many people searched for a certain television show or reports we may sell to other companies for their own marketing, advertising or other similar uses.
- We may also share information to:
- Respond to 911 requests and other emergencies or exigencies;
- Comply with court orders and other legal process;
- Enforce our agreements and protect our rights or property; and
- Obtain payment for products and services including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection.
How will Device information be governed if you also have products and services from AT&T?
- If you’re opted in to AT&T’s Enhanced Relevant Advertising program and we combine your data from other AT&T products and services with Device information, the Enhanced Relevant Advertising terms will apply. For information on the AT&T Enhanced Relevant Advertising program, click here.
What information is not covered by this Policy?
- This Policy also does not apply to the use of AT&T and DIRECTV video apps (e.g. AT&T TV, WatchTV and DIRECTV app). The respective privacy policies of those video apps would apply. To clarify, this is the policy for the Device, which may be used for AT&T or non-AT&T apps. Video apps used on the Device, whether AT&T or non-AT&T, have separate privacy policies for information like what shows are watched, etc.
Do you have safeguards in place to protect my information?
- We work hard to protect your information. Though we cannot guarantee the protection of your information, we've established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to help make the information we collect secure.
- In the event of a security incident, laws and regulations direct us in how to give you notification when certain types of sensitive information are involved. We will provide you with notice in accordance with these laws and regulations.
- We will keep your personally identifiable information in connection with your use of the Device as long as you are a customer and/or user or until it is no longer needed for business, tax or legal purposes.
Do you collect information about my children's use?
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child's parent or legal guardian.
What choices and controls do I have over the use of my data?
- You are in control. You have choices and controls over how your data is collected, used, and shared when you use the App:
- Collection of Information: You can stop the collection of information through the Device by stopping the use of the Device.
- Sharing of Information: You may limit the Device from sharing information associated with your Android advertising ID through your Device settings.
What happens if there is a change in corporate ownership or to this policy?
- Information about our customers and users, including personally identifiable information, may be shared and transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. This also applies in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which customer and user records would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
- We may update this Policy as necessary to reflect changes we make and to satisfy legal requirements. The most recent version of the Policy will always be made available through the Device. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you to obtain your consent.
Your California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Policy, by using our Device you agree to the sharing of your information with other companies to use for their own marketing purposes. If you don’t want us to share your information collected through our Device with third parties, you must factory reset or stop using the Device.
- California customers who want to request further information about our compliance with these requirements or would like to request a copy of information regarding our disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us at the contact information listed below.
How to contact us about this Policy
Contact us at either of these addresses for any questions about this Policy.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for choosing AT&T.