1. Information we collect and how we collect it.
- IP address,
- Session information, including session length, and time stamps,
- Information related to the quantity of data used, speed, latency, and packet loss,
- Information about equipment that used to access DIRECTV broadband internet access services, including MAC address and diagnostic information for modems and routers,
- Technical information about use of our network that enables DIRECTV to engage in reasonable network management techniques, including techniques that allow DIRECTV to manage network congestion and combat harmful or illegal content,
- Diagnostic and repair information, including gathered by DIRECTV employees or individuals acting on DIRECTV's behalf when a technical issue is reported,
- Information about your compliance with DIRECTV's acceptable use policy, and
- Other technical information that is necessary to connect you to our broadband internet access services.
Additionally, DIRECTV may offer managed subscription services to business and office subscribers. Where requested as part of these managed subscription services, we may collect additional information related to the subscription, access, or use of a DIRECTV broadband internet access service, including:
- Information related to end-user network access, including IP address and device information,
- Information about end-user network usage, including attempts to access sites, applications, and/or types of content the subscriber has asked DIRECTV to block, and
- Network security information.
Some of the information that DIRECTV collects related to the subscription, access, or use of DIRECTV broadband internet access services qualifies as customer proprietary network information ("CPNI"), a category of information that is entitled to special protections under the Federal Communications Act, 47 U.S.C. § 222. Information related to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use your broadband internet access service may qualify as CPNI if DIRECTV gathered the information in during the course of providing you with broadband internet access services.
2. How we use information.
a. Information that does not qualify as CPNI
We may use individually identifiable CPNI without obtaining additional consent from you in order to:
- Provide you with broadband internet access services, including installation, maintenance, and repair services,
- Initiate, render, bill, and collect for broadband internet access services,
- Provide you with promotional materials related to DIRECTV's broadband internet access services,
- Provide you with promotional materials related to DIRECTV's video and satellite services, if you also subscribe to those services,
- Protect DIRECTV's legal rights or property,
- Protect DIRECTV's services or the services of other carriers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services, and
- Assist emergency responders or provide information to your legal guardian or immediate family in the event of an emergency, where allowed by law.
From time to time, we may seek your consent to use your individually identifiable CPNI in other ways.
3. How we share information.
We may disclose or permit third party access to individually identifiable CPNI without obtaining additional consent from you in order for any purpose described above in Section 2b. We may also disclose or permit third party access to individually identifiable CPNI in response to legal process or where otherwise required by law.
We may provide end-user information collected during the course of offering managed subscription services to business and office subscribers back to the subscribing business or office, or its agent.
4. Your choices regarding our use of your information.
5. Changes to this Privacy Addendum
DIRECTV may revise this Privacy Addendum from time to time without notice by posting a new version of this document on DIRECTV's Web site at www.directv.com/legal (or any successor URL(s)). All revised copies of the Privacy Addendum are effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, customers and users of the Service should regularly visit our web site and review this Policy to ensure that their activities conform to the most recent version.
Revised and effective: June 12, 2015