Personalized Plus Terms and Conditions
You're in control.
If you choose to opt in to AT&T Personalized Plus, you, as the account holder, allow AT&T and our affiliates (“us,” “we,” “AT&T”) to collect, use and share data with third parties about you and other users on your account. This includes data generated by your devices and by the use of AT&T products and services on your account. We may associate this data with an identifier other than your name, like your device ID, Apple or Android advertising ID, and share the data with third parties. This program allows us and others to deliver a more personalized experience, including marketing and advertising. You won't see more ads; rather the ads you see will become more relevant to the users of your account.
AT&T's products and services include Internet, mobile, and AT&T apps. You can opt in to this program any time through certain AT&T apps or websites. Once you’ve chosen to participate, you can revoke your consent at any time. To make these changes, go to att.com/privacychoices. Your choice doesn't affect your ability to use our products and services.
Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia consumers: by participating in Personalized Plus, you agree to let us collect, use, store, and share your sensitive data, like precise location, race or ethnic origin, and other data considered to be sensitive under applicable state law.
References to “your” data includes data derived from your own use of AT&T products and services as well as all other users on your account. If you have other people using services on your account, it's up to you to make them aware that you have granted us permission to use the information of all users of your account for this program.
Information collected and used
First, a word about what is not used. Your participation in Personalized Plus does not allow us to use the content of your texts, emails, or calls. It also does not allow us to decrypt information like your passwords, social security numbers, or banking information that you transmit to a third party using a secure website or app.
We collect information from your AT&T or affiliate provided Internet, mobile services, and AT&T apps when you include those services in Personalized Plus, as well as from your connected devices like your smartphone or connected car. The information we collect includes the following:
- Your use of our network, our products, our services and your devices;
- The type of device(s) or equipment you use, including operating system, connection type, software, mobile number and IP address;
- Your downloads and purchases from us;
- The unique identifiers associated with your devices, such as the unique ID number that Apple, Android or others assign to your device;
- Web browsing, videos you watch and apps you use, including from AT&T and third-party sites accessed on or off our network. In addition, by using information from testing and running our network, we may infer websites visited and videos viewed over a secure connection;
- Some sensitive data, like race or ethnic origin, and other data considered to be sensitive under applicable state laws in Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia;
- Location information, including precise location, which tells us where your devices are; and
- Information the U.S. government calls Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which includes the call detail records from your phone or other device as well as other information that we describe below.
What is CPNI and what are your rights?
CPNI is information that all telecommunications companies, including AT&T, collect about the voice phone services and/or interconnected voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) services you purchase from us, and how you use them. CPNI relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of these services. You have the right, and we have a duty under federal law, to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI. In Personalized Plus, we will use your mobile phone service and VoIP CPNI to provide you with more relevant, targeted offers, including by sharing your CPNI with third parties such as advertisers and social media networks, as described in this Terms & Conditions. You have the right to deny or withdraw authorization of this use of your CPNI. Your denial will not impact any services you currently subscribe to. Your consent to this use of your CPNI will be valid until you revoke your authorization to Personalized Plus, which you may do at any time at att.com/privacychoices.
The information we collect may be used to provide you with content and advertising better tailored to you. We use data from your account to learn more about your likes and interests – the websites you visit, shows you watch, location information, etc. We may use the data in the following ways:
- To combine this information with other information we may have about you;
- This includes demographic or account information such as your age, gender, email address, mailing address, subscription plans for your AT&T accounts, behavior characteristics and interests. This also includes information that you provide to us from your use of AT&T products and services, that we infer, or that we get from third parties.
- To create aggregate reports that don't identify you personally;
- To associate the data with a unique identifier; and
- To process sensitive data as allowed under applicable state law.
This information helps us and others personalize your AT&T experience, including the advertising you receive. We may also use the information we collect to improve the products and services you use, tailor your experiences, or inspire new products we create.
We will continue to develop Personalized Plus to further personalize your experience, which may include discounted and other promotional offers in the future.
Your information may be shared within AT&T, our vendors, and with third parties. When we share information with third parties, we will aggregate the information, or we will associate it with an identifier, such as your Apple or Android ID. For example, we may use your web browsing history to determine that you're a news lover and send that segment information along with your ID to an advertising network, to deliver a news-related ad to your device.
Third parties include, for example, advertisers, advertising related-service providers (companies that aggregate data, track ads, and/or deliver ads to target audiences for multiple advertisers across numerous websites and apps), content providers (companies from whom we license video programming), social media networks, and analytics firms (companies that collect data from various sources and measure, analyze and predict consumer behavior, such as what users watch).
Your choices and controls
In addition to Personalized Plus described here, we also offer a basic Personalized program. Both programs allow us to send you advertisements that are relevant to your interests or certain characteristics, like your age and gender. Personalized Plus makes your experience more customized, because it allows us to use more types of data like precise location, web browsing data collected as an internet service provider, and CPNI and to share it with third parties.
All customers are automatically in the basic Personalized program, but we still give you a choice. You can opt out of the Personalized program at att.com/privacychoices.
All customers participating in Personalized Plus are automatically part of the Personalized program. If you opt in to Personalized Plus, that decision will override any previous opt out of the Personalized program. If you later decide that you don't want your data used for any of these programs, you will need to opt out of both programs.
If you choose not to participate in these programs, your choice will not affect your or anyone on your account's ability to use AT&T products and services.
Please note that your consent to this program operates independently of settings on your device or browser. Using browser controls (like clearing your browser history) or device controls (like turning off your location), is not an effective way to opt out of participation in or the collection of information for Personalized Plus. To opt out, use the links above.