Same plan. Same data.
Do more with your data
Stream more video on the go with your same data package at a quality similar to DVD (about 480p). Extend your data so you can surf more, play harder, and enjoy more of what you love on your smartphone or tablet.* Best of all, you won’t have to pay more for Stream Saver®.
Leave it on or turn it off any time
Stream Saver is automatically turned on for eligible lines on your account. To check if Stream Saver has been turned on, or to turn it off for one or multiple lines, log in to your account via myAT&T or call 611.
AT&T PREPAID customers
For AT&T PREPAIDSM customers, Stream Saver will be turned on for qualifying new activations and rate plan changes. For all other eligible accounts, we will notify you when it is turned on for your account. You may turn it off or back on at att.com/myprepaid or by calling 611 at any time.
Frequently asked questions
- What is Stream Saver?Stream Saver allows you to watch more video on your wireless devices while using less data by streaming content that it recognizes as video at Standard Definition quality, similar to DVD, (about 480p), so you can enjoy more of what you love on your smartphone or tablet. You will have control over which lines on your account use Stream Saver and can turn it off or on at any time once AT&T activates it.
- Who can get Stream Saver?Stream Saver is included on many of our postpaid rate plans that include data. It has already been added to all existing eligible plans. If you do not have Stream Saver on your plan, your plan is not eligible at this time.
AT&T PREPAID℠ customers: Stream Saver is included on most AT&T PREPAID plans with data or that allow a data Add-On. Stream Saver will be turned on for eligible new activations and plan changes, and has already been turned on for all existing eligible accounts. You may turn it off or back on at any time at att.com/myprepaid. Multi-Line account owners and members manage Stream Saver settings for their own lines. If you do not have Stream Saver on your plan, your plan is not eligible at this time.
Business Customers: Not all business accounts are eligible for Stream Saver. See your account manager for more details on your specific plan’s eligibility.
- How much does it cost?There’s no additional cost to use Stream Saver.
- How do I turn Stream Saver off and on?Stream Saver is automatically turned "On" when it is first added to the eligible lines on your account. If you want to turn it off (or later back on), you can do so at att.com/myatt or through the myAT&T app, or call 611 from your phone. Customers who have the account holder/authorized user credentials can go online to manage the settings for any line on that account.
Business accounts (CRU) can manage Stream Saver settings at wireless.att.com/business.
AT&T PREPAID customers can manage settings at att.com/myprepaid or through the myAT&T app. AT&T PREPAID Multi-Line accounts: Each account holder/member must manage settings for their own line.
- When I turn Stream Saver off or on, is it immediate or is there a lag time?After you change Stream Saver settings, please wait 5 minutes and then restart your device so the change can take effect.
- What will be the quality of videos when viewed from different devices (smartphone, tablet, etc.)?If Stream Saver is turned on, data speeds for content that is recognized as video will be capped at 1.5 Mbps, which generally is equivalent to Standard Definition quality, similar to DVD (about 480p).
- How much more video can I watch with Stream Saver?How much data you use when you watch video on your smartphone or tablet will vary, one important factor being video resolution. A typical 90 minute HD movie uses 1.25-2.5GB of data. With Stream Saver on, watching the same movie in SD uses no more than 1GB, saving between 250MB – 1.5GB. HD is excellent for viewing TV at home but when you stream on a smartphone or tablet, SD quality looks great and uses less data so you can surf more, play harder, and enjoy more of what you love on your smartphone or tablet.
Stream Saver cannot identify all videos, and there are multiple factors that can also impact how much more video can be watched such as what resolution you usually watch in, app settings, stream source, network traffic, etc.
- Will Stream Saver apply to all video?No. Stream Saver is designed to identify streaming video content so that data speed and resolution of higher definition video can be adjusted to Standard Definition quality (about 480p). This allows customers to stream more video while using the same amount of data. Stream Saver will not apply to content it cannot identify as video. Additionally, your ability to stream and the resolution of video can be affected by other factors.
- Are there devices that don't support Stream Saver?Stream Saver works on wireless devices that have the capability to stream video content, including: smartphones, tablets, Wireless Home Internet, and hotspots. Exceptions include devices that cannot stream video.
AT&T PREPAID Customers: Stream Saver works on wireless devices that have the capability to stream video content, including: smartphones, tablets, Wireless Home Phone & Internet, feature phones, wearables and mobile hotspots. Exceptions include SpareOne Emergency Phone and Wireless Home Phone customers.
- What videos are included for Stream Saver?Stream Saver may not be able to recognize all video content, and any unrecognized higher resolution video will continue to stream at its normal speed and resolution. We are continuously working to improve the ability for Stream Saver to identify video content so that we can add video streaming sources. We will begin to list compatible video content providers as we are able to identify them.
- How does Stream Saver work when I am on Wi-Fi?Stream Saver only applies to video streamed over the cellular network. Video streamed over Wi-Fi is not affected.
- Is Stream Saver compatible with 3G, 4G and 4G LTE?Yes.
- Will Stream Saver affect my data usage when using my data internationally?Yes, if your domestic plan includes Stream Saver, then when Stream Saver is turned on for your line and you are roaming internationally (with or without an international package or feature), it will apply to international video streaming as well. You can turn it off and back on any time online.
AT&T PREPAID customers: This only applies on AT&T PREPAID plans that include international data usage.
- Does Stream Saver apply to video streamed while tethering from a smartphone, tablet, hot spot or other connected device?Yes. Please note, it will not affect video streamed via a Connected Car's hotspot (except the ZTE Mobley).
If two or more tethered devices are streaming video from the same app or website at the same time, the video may be identified as a single source and slow the speeds collectively to a max of 1.5 Mbps. This means that you may not be able to get standard-definition quality (about 480p) for video on your tethered devices. You can watch video from a different app or website on each device, or turn off Stream Saver to resolve this issue. This is more likely to impact older hotspot devices (like AT&T Wireless Internet devices purchased before May 2019, mobile hotspot devices purchased before October 2017, or ZTE Mobley connected car devices).
- I’m a video streaming service provider – how do I get more information about Stream Saver?Video streaming service providers can contact us to learn more about Stream Saver.