AT&T Store Los Angeles Beverly Plaza
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
Our top priority is to keep our valued customers, employees, and communities safe. We appreciate you taking note of some recent changes and new options we have added to best serve you.
• We’re now offering more ways to serve you! Curbside service, touchless transactions, and in many areas, no-contact delivery with virtual set-up is now available.
• To ensure social distancing and safety, we are limiting the number of people we can assist in-store. The myAT&T app and att.com are convenient options for bill payments, accessory purchases and device upgrades to help save you time.
• Masks are required to be worn by employees, customers and visitors in our stores and will be provided to customers who need them. We appreciate your partnership in keeping our communities safe and healthy.
• Hand sanitizer is available in all our locations for both customers and employees. Surfaces are cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals throughout the day.
Special offers and new phones for Los Angeles
NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE20 ULTRA 5GLearn how to get the new powerful Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G for $300 with trade-in. Req's elig. Unlimited plan, installment agmt and trade-in of elig. phone.
Prepaid Phone Plans
Unlimited Plus for $50/mo.Learn how to get Unlimited Plus for $50/mo. when you open a new line on our $75/mo. plan and sign up for AutoPay. You’ll enjoy unlimited high-speed data while saving $25 each month. Time for a prepaid phone plan in Los Angeles?50.00/mo.Plus taxes and fees with AutoPayAfter 22GB, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. Offer ends 10/29/20 in stores & 10/19/20 online. Excludes upgrades. First mo. svc. charge & taxes due at sale. In-store activ. fee is $15. Other restr’s may apply.
AT&T PREPAID IPHONE SE (2020)Get the iPhone SE 64GB for $349.99 + $50 toward account. Limited time. Online only. First mo. svc. charge & applicable sales tax due at sale. Excludes upgrades. New customers will receive a $50 account credit after purchase and account activation. Other fees, charges & restr's apply.
About the Los Angeles Store
- Cell Phones
- Wireless Plans and Setup
- Phone Activations
- Device Upgrade
- Device Protection
- TV & Entertainment
- Bill Pay and Setup
- Small Business Solutions
Cellphones, plans & accessories
AT&T PREPAIDExperience the freedom of AT&T PREPAID with plans that allow you to pay for usage in advance without tying you up in a long-term contract. Get unlimited talk & text in the U.S. and the data you need with no annual contract, no credit check, free shipping, and no activation fee for online orders. Shop AT&T prepaid phones for the premium brands you love or bring your own (BYOD) compatible device.
POPULAR SMARTPHONESWhen you are ready for a new iPhone or any new phone, AT&T makes it easy. You’ll find everything from the latest feature-rich smartphones to devices for mostly texting and calling. Choose from the most popular brands like Apple, Samsung, LG, and more. Order online and get free shipping, pick up at your nearest store, or get free same-day delivery in select ZIP codes.
ACCESSORIESAT&T has the accessories you need to style & protect your devices. Rugged phone cases & sleek phone covers, chargers & batteries to keep you powered up, and speakers, headphones & headsets to keep you connected to your favorite audio, and more. Get free shipping, free returns, and in-store pickup – just order online by 4pm and it’ll be ready within two hours.
What our customers are saying
- June 30, 20201 out of 5This company sucks. First walked to the store at 1831 La Cienaga, the internet said they were open. Meaning AT&T's website itself, not a generic internet page. They weren't open, they shuttered after the looting earlier this month. Place looked desolate, nothing inside. Wasted an hour walking there and back. How hard is it for a tech company to update a web page for a physical store and say closed until further notice? Too hard for AT&T apparently.
The store by the Beverly Center? The guard asked what I was there for, I said tech support. I waited twenty minutes for an employee to ask what I needed help with. Oh sorry we're not doing tech support in the store, you can call and ask for help. Another forty minutes wasted between driving there, waiting twenty minutes, and driving back home.
Just a lousy corporation with lousy customer service.
I'm switching to Credo.Response from AT&TJuly 9, 2020Hello Dean W This is not the experience we wanted you to have. Your experience in our store matters to us, and we'll work to make sure the next experience is better.
- February 6, 20201 out of 5Extremely unprofessional. Do not go to this store. If you do, avoid the store manager Chris.
I went to this store to upgrade my iPhone and asked that AppleCare be added to my upgrade. Month's later my phone did not start and I took it into the Genius Bar. There I learned that my phone did not have AppleCare as I requested when I set up the phone. I called the store and was told that they would only look at my account in person. After showing up in person store manager Chris discovered that AT&T failed to enroll me in Apple Care as I requested. Extremely frustrated I asked for a credit to be applied to my account. Store Manager Chris directed me to the AT&T 611 number because he was "out of credits" for the day. After calling the AT&T 611 service number, they said that they had no record of me coming in store. Even more frustrated I called back the store to Store Manager Chris. Store Manager Chris said that he couldn't do anything and hung up on me.Response from AT&TFebruary 14, 2020Hello Michael Ai. Your experience in our store matters to us, and we'll work to make sure the next experience is better. This is not the experience we wanted you to have.
- October 24, 20195 out of 5I received EXCELLENT help from assistant manager, Chris, regarding my phone warranty. He spoke to numerous AT&T associates over the phone on my behalf for close to an hour trying to figure out my phone/warranty issue. I would have gone bonkers making those calls myself, so thank you for the friendly service.Response from AT&TJanuary 31, 2020Hello Doug! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope to see you back soon!
- February 18, 20195 out of 5The agent from Houston was great ! Very knowledgeable and great customer service
- February 3, 20191 out of 5Spent an hour attempting to buy an iPhone. My driver’s license was requested and photographed front/back three different times, my social security number was requested multiple times and I was told this was standard verification process. The manager was on the phone with someone when she asked me for the last four of my social and I have no idea who she was talking to. The way personal information is tossed around in this location, it’s no wonder identity theft is so common. After an hour of the manager and a sales associate attempting to access the business account system, I’d had enough and left. Spare yourself the untrained staff and surly attitudes and go elsewhere for your ATT needs.